Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Boy...... is that not a wishers dream or what ?? I dont have words to describe it well.... wait a second there coming to me ... envy, lust .. did i mention envy?? thats nice!!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
An Interesting Tidbit

A friend of mine owned this Cougar. Actually, it was for sale on the SSCC web site about four years ago (unrestored) for $15K.

The story is that the guy who won it in the contest had to pay the taxes, and then realized he couldn't afford it, so he put it up for sale six months later.

My buddy's father bought it from him, raced it for a couple years, sold it, and then several years later, bought it back. It sat for years.

About four years ago, my buddy, who has a huge collection of Mustangs, sold it to a guy in the midwest, and then lost track of it.

Interestingly enough, I caught up with him at a car show just last month, and he asked if I knew what happened to it after he sold it.

I do now, and guess I should give him a call...

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Man
to see it finally sell.I sure hope someone realizes that that was 1 awesome piece of history that was saved.I also wonder who had purchased it and hope that its used for display shows and car events .Glad to see it finally got a new owner
thanks
pat

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I would love to see the side photos of it originally, and restored. thats a piece of history. anybody know if there are some pics of rest of car? geoff

·
11,000 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts