Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to finish my restoration by XMas and want to put new tires and rims on it. 1969 Couger 351W.
I'm going to the swap meet next week @ Pomona looking for rims & Tires.Last time they had some Bullit knockoffs real cheap.
What size tires will fit under the 69 Cat with out any major mods?
Maybe even some 16" of 17" rims from new mustang tire traden in?

Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
I put 15" Weld ProStars on my cat. 15x7x3.5 front w/215/60/15 BFG's and 15x8x4.5 back with 295/50/15 BFG's...

My first choice was going to be some 17" Torq Thrust II's, but the bank ran outta cash for that and I had to get it on the road..:)

Personally, 5 spoke mags look the best on the 69 IMHO... Whether they're Weld's, Torq Thrust's or the original Magnum 500's...

·
Registered
406 Posts
You can fit 17 inchers on there - it's just a matter of getting a lower profile tire - in fact here is a picture of a 17 inch torq-thrust II rim on a 69 cougar!!! - Chad

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts
Sorry for the second post in a row--- But I just had to say "Damn that's a shinny rim!!" - Chad

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Bullitt Knockoffs

really?? how cheap is cheap?? i want those damn rims, but i dont want to pay more than 500 for the set with tires ( it is possible ) and i know a guy who can put them on the Cougar/Mustang. ive seen them on a 67 Stang, and DAMN they look good. they do require modification to get them to fit right, but when they are on, WOW. let me know if you are interested, i can give you his # and email. he charges 200 to do it though. but still 500 for the rims and tires + 200 to install = cheaper than a set of American Racing rims.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts