Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for the chrome (hockey stick) mouldings for the 1967 side 1/4 windows. Need not be perfect. If any know of where I could find some please write. Thanks !!

·
Registered
168 Posts
I think i have them

I might have them; i am cleaning out smy storage and if i find them i will let you know, but they will be pitted. Those darn things allways are.

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
Catz I can replate the 1/4 window mouldings for $75 each return. THX Ray

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Ray, but the ones I have on the car now are not worth saving. Will keep you in mind though! :)

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
<< junkyard hound, ill be on alert, they show up here every so often... but how do i remove them?? ( ive never been that down and dirty on a 67, so im not sure ) and what part is it again??? lemme know, it will probably have pits, but if yours arent useable, well, its an improvement

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How do you remove them?

That's a good question sixt9coug!! I bought a body assembly manual from MustangsUnlimited thinking that the answer might be there...WRONG. Does anyone have experience with removing and installing these trim pieces?? Are the pins in the back crutial or are they just for alignment purposes?

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
Removal

Catz, remove the interior 1/4 trim and then roll down 1/4 glass. There are three screws thru the weatherstrip that hold the 1/4 trim in place to 1/4 itself.Once the screws are undone the trim will lift up. Then you can remove the aluminum angled part that attaches the weatherstrip and the 1/4 trim so you can send for replating. Lotsa pits OK by me.As longs as not thru or near thru we can do it up for you. I think I may have a set of 67/8s here still. I have lots of 69/70s . email direct to [email protected] THX Ray:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts