Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I'm looking for the elusive "blue chrome" cougar, I was wondering if anybody here has successfully disassembled and painted to match their full size car? Got any pictures?
I've spent several hours doing scale model plastic kits, but I haven't done a metal body yet.

·
Contributing Member
5,865 Posts
I have pulled the 70 Eliminator apart to fit Minilite wheels and the 67 Sunstar apart to fit a set of American Racing wheels

Photo_0005.jpg

Sorry about the quality - phone camera doesn't like close up work

Didn't have to repaint it as it was already the correct colour

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How hard was it to get the car apart?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hi Woody! I've done a few 1/18 scale cars for friends & they're easy to do. Like Leon said,only a bunch of small phillips heads & glue. Sorry no pics of the projects. The only problem you may run into is 1/18 scale decals. These can be made on printers though. Here's a pic of a 1/25 scale Starliner I've been working on this winter.Any other questions PM me & I'll give you my phone # , Dave. $(KGrHqRHJE8E88eYCZ4,BPT+iSE3PQ~~60_57.jpg

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
I was wondering if anybody here has successfully disassembled and painted to match their full size car? Got any pictures?
I've spent several hours doing scale model plastic kits, but I haven't done a metal body yet.
Painted this one to match my full size Cougar.
Not too tough.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Nice starliner, Bosscat. 61's ooze coolness.

·
Registered
195 Posts
There is a guy in Holland who disassembles 1/18 diecast Thunderbird 2002-2005 cars and repaints them

Freight to and from the Netherlands might be expensive but he has done several for US customers

Send me a pm if you are interested. He might be able to get the car to paint in Holland.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was thinking about doing one to match my soon to be freshly painted 69, to show off. I might be interested in one from the Neherlands, but of course cost would be a big factor...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts