Please Read - New Guys/Ladies - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Please Read - New Guys/Ladies

1. I Can't Regisiter Since i'm not in America but am keen to put my Vin in the Database is there another link around for that as i am getting Cannot display from the one at the top

new on site pop quiz for cougar fans! why did I choose my screen name "chauncey"?

Quote Originally Posted by chauncey View Post
    new on site pop quiz for cougar fans! why did I choose my screen name "chauncey"?
    Name of the cougar in the commercials

4. Remove Advertisements
    MercuryCougar.net
    Advertisements

not sure if this is still needed, but the link for database project is not working. i have tried several times in the last week or so....

http://www.cougarclub.org/registry/r...ationform.aspx

here is the current link.

Yes the data is still collected
    Leon
    Brisbane, Australia

Hidden Content

Designed to be driven
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

7. Please Read New Guys/Ladies

As originally posted by BiC_Currahee:Hey guys I thought that this post could help all BiC members know who our new members are. When new members join the clan they usaully change their names. I would like if every new member could post their new BiC name and also post the name they use to go by. We talk to a lot of people on the servers that say that they are going to join but if they change their names and dont say anything we have no clue what happened to them. So if you have a liitle time please do this.

Talking my 67 and 68 xr7 are now registered in database

just got them in database after so long

part it out or bring her back to life?

got a 67 cougar that needs the roof replaced, should I invest the money to fix it? or should I start looking for another one. Besides the roof the car is in pretty good shape the interior is complete , engine and tranny were rebuilt, suspension is good and all electrical work. has some dings but thats bout it thats why is hard for me to give up on her and pert it out. any idea how much this type of work is going to run me? any advice from anyoune who has had to do any major type of fabrication on if its worth the time and money is appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MikeNate View Post
    got a 67 cougar that needs the roof replaced, should I invest the money to fix it? or should I start looking for another one. Besides the roof the car is in pretty good shape the interior is complete , engine and tranny were rebuilt, suspension is good and all electrical work. has some dings but thats bout it thats why is hard for me to give up on her and pert it out. any idea how much this type of work is going to run me? any advice from anyoune who has had to do any major type of fabrication on if its worth the time and money is appreciated. thanks
    Your better off posting this in the Cougar Community discussion threads!
    you'll get a better answer, IMHO
    If you can find a roof shouldnt be that hard, and either weld it your self or find some one to do it for a reasonable price it may not be to bad
    talk to some of the ECI on the forum
    you might want to put your location in your profile there could be a Cougar gearhead near you!
    Good Luck!
    Juli
    Hidden Content
    1969 XR7 VERT 351W "Elwood" MINE!
    Kenny is has been Sold, but never forgotten! A 3 X peeper in the movie MILK!!!
    1967 XR7 289 2V "Ours" Project car "Cee Aaa Tee"
    2009 Lexus RX 350 My Dad's car left to me Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Visit my Home page
    Hidden Content
    See some of my Videos and such

Stray Cats Member!!

hello, my name is jean, I live in France. I have a mercury cougar 67. 289
    I am very pleased to have this voiture.quelque small repair and I could ride with my car. good day everyone.
    Last edited by seb67; June 23rd, 2010 at 05:58 AM.

69 Cougar XR7

Hello all. A dream is coming true. I found myself a 1969 Cougar XR7. It is powered by a 351W attached to a FMX transmission. The guy I bought it from had pulled the engine and transmission to paint the car, along with the chrome molding, mirrors, bumpers, and door handles. He has also pulled the dash apart to replace the heater core.

The car is rust free and straight. It is going to be a project. Not sure where to start. I'm going to be busy moose hunting for awhile and go pick the car up next week. Once I get it home I'll look forward to discussing the restorations with you all.

The VIN# is 9F93M556573, not sure what to do with that or what it could tell me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	For sale 027.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	18715  

Another photo

This photo was taken 16 years ago just before he stripped the paint off. From what I understand the paint job it had was cracking and his buddy was going to paint it. The buddy ended up going blind from diabetes and the job was never finished. It sat in the guys shop until two years ago when he had to put it outside, ran out of room with other pressing projects. He did not seem to happy about selling the car but wanted to sell to someone who would get the job done. HE commented that if I did not buy the car he would not sell it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	69 cougar.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	18716  

Quote Originally Posted by Eero View Post
    Hello all. A dream is coming true. I found myself a 1969 Cougar XR7. It is powered by a 351W attached to a FMX transmission. The guy I bought it from had pulled the engine and transmission to paint the car, along with the chrome molding, mirrors, bumpers, and door handles. He has also pulled the dash apart to replace the heater core.

The car is rust free and straight. It is going to be a project. Not sure where to start. I'm going to be busy moose hunting for awhile and go pick the car up next week. Once I get it home I'll look forward to discussing the restorations with you all.

The VIN# is 9F93M556573, not sure what to do with that or what it could tell me.
    Welcome to the forum. Here is a breakdown of the VIN:9-Year 1969, F-Built at Dearborn plant, 93-XR-7 Hardtop, M-351-4V Windsor engine, 56,573-Mercury vehicle scheduled for production at Dearborn. If you'll check your drivers door, there should be a door data tag with some other codes besides the VIN on it. You should submit this info to the data base on this link: www.cougarclub.org/vindecoder/ . Also, if you would like to know what options your car came with you should order a "Marti" report from here: www.martiauto.com/reports2.cfm . John
    1968 XR-7 * F-code (302-2V)* C4 * Polar White (M) * Dark Red Leather (6D) * 23U * 46 * 5 * W * PS * AC * CCOA #8579 * MWM * Under Restoration * Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by 68PUMA View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Here is a breakdown of the VIN:9-Year 1969, F-Built at Dearborn plant, 93-XR-7 Hardtop, M-351-4V Windsor engine, 56,573-Mercury vehicle scheduled for production at Dearborn. If you'll check your drivers door, there should be a door data tag with some other codes besides the VIN on it. You should submit this info to the data base on this link: www.cougarclub.org/vindecoder/ . Also, if you would like to know what options your car came with you should order a "Marti" report from here: www.martiauto.com/reports2.cfm . John
    Thanks John. I go tow the car home next week. I'll get the additional information and submit it to the data base as well get a "Marti" report. I am told the car currently has a 351W 2V. Again many thanks. Eero

Re: Please Read - New Guys/Ladies

Hey all, My name is Andrea(cougarchick68) and my husband Scott. I jus wanted to introduce my husband and I. We have and are gonna restore a standard 68 cougar 302-2v according to the vin. We got the car pretty rust free except for the roof which held a few surprises under the vinyl top. Its has no motor or Tranny and needs paint so its basically a blank canvas for us to create the car I want it to be. I registered the car on the link provided and look forward to meeting all of you and asking tons of questions
    Last edited by CougarChick68; April 13th, 2011 at 08:43 PM.

Thread Information