Please Read - New Guys/Ladies
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Please Read - New Guys/Ladies

Please Read - New Guys/Ladies

Please don't forget to post your vin #'s on Phil Parcell's database, at CCOA.

Database Project

On-Line Registration Form
    Last edited by 1969XR7Vert; January 24th, 2014 at 07:46 PM.
    Interested in all types of Transport?? Check out my site Hidden Content
    1964 Galaxie500,1966 Ford Fairlane, 1968 Ford Torino, 1969 Mercury Marquis, 1970 Ford Fairlane ZD, 1970 Ford Mercury Cougar Std 351C, 1970 Holden Monaro GTS, 1971 Ford Mustang Grande, 1971 Ford Falcon XY Ute/Ranchero,1971 Ford Falcon XY Ute/Ranchero {spares ute}, 1972 Ford Fairlane ZF, 1972 Ford Falcon XA Ute/Ranchero, 1972 Ford Mercury Cougar XR7 351C, 1973 F100

Hidden Content
    71-73 Thread is a Sticky in Cougar Community Discussion
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Proud to be the only 'gal' at Hidden Content

database project

This was the first thing I did when I aquired my 69 XR7 coupe this spring. They give you a nice printable readout (free BTW) of exactly what the VIN number indicates. In my case it was dead-on as I have the original sales bill, etc and the info they provided matched the documentation that I have, exterior color, interior, etc. This is a great service for just registering your cat.
    StreetcatHidden Content

1969 XR7 Coupe 351W-4V

NACCC Member

Ok a few quick questions about this. I have 3 different vin numbers. One is off of my 68 standard cougar, one is off the door from this car, and the last one is from my 67 XR7 body. Now this gets a little interesting here and I'll try to explain it the best I can.
    Originally I started out restoring a 68 standard cougar with a bench seat in it. When we got into welding we found out the frame was too far gone, so it's now gone. I found a bare-bone 67 XR7 frame. So I took all my 68 standard parts and am putting them on the 67 with some modifications to make the 67 XR7 to look like a 68 XR7. I'm doing this because I don't want it to look like this mix between a 67 and 68 cougar. The door I'm putting on the 67 XR7 has a different vin number though. This is the one that came off of the 68 standard cougar, but it wasn't the car's original door. So here are my questions.

1. When I register this car should I use the 67 XR7's vin number or the one off of the door?
    2. Since I don't know where this door came from what do I tell them about the car itself?
    3. Also when I register the car, under the year should I put it as a 67 XR7 or do I put it as a 68 XR7? I'm asking this becuase in the end it'll look like a 68 XR7.

I think that's all my questions. Any help one this would be very helpful. Thanks.

1968_Cougar_Boy

4. Remove Advertisements
    MercuryCougar.net
    Advertisements

Regardless of what the car will look like, officially you should consider it to be a 67 XR7. Use the vin# that is on the title for the car body, not the door. A lot of Cougars are driving around without the original doors, so don't worry about the origin.

Good Luck
    Ron
    70 std. convertible 351W

Yeah I agree, whatever chassis you use should be the one you register the car as, basically though it would probably be better to totally re-register the car with a new chassis number and engine number, wonder if you can do that there. Over here if we have a car without a chassis number, for whatever reason, the police or DMV will stamp a new number on the chassis and it can then be registered by filling in all the details, obviously the police will check that it is not stolen etc to the best of their ability - which is unfortunately - not saying much. Its not the door that counts, the details are only on there for convenience, they could be anywhere, on the Oz Fords for example that sort of information is normally on a plate that is riveted under the seat.
    Cheers
    Dayle
    Interested in all types of Transport?? Check out my site Hidden Content
    1964 Galaxie500,1966 Ford Fairlane, 1968 Ford Torino, 1969 Mercury Marquis, 1970 Ford Fairlane ZD, 1970 Ford Mercury Cougar Std 351C, 1970 Holden Monaro GTS, 1971 Ford Mustang Grande, 1971 Ford Falcon XY Ute/Ranchero,1971 Ford Falcon XY Ute/Ranchero {spares ute}, 1972 Ford Fairlane ZF, 1972 Ford Falcon XA Ute/Ranchero, 1972 Ford Mercury Cougar XR7 351C, 1973 F100

Hidden Content
    71-73 Thread is a Sticky in Cougar Community Discussion
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Proud to be the only 'gal' at Hidden Content

I tried to do the (VIN DECODER) but when I hit enter I get.... Input string was not in a correct format.

What am I doing wrong?

Vin

If you email me it I should be able to decode it..The old fashion way with a book. Ray

Hey guys, I own a 1979 Mercury Cougar XR7. It has the 302/2bbl motor. The car isn't in that mad of shape, just some cosmetic work needs to be done. Is my car cool enough for this forum?

Hey

Hey guys! I'm new the this site. I have a 1977 RX7 cougar with moon roof. I also have a second 78 cougar that i'm going to begin restoring soon. I did the paint job on the 77 last year and i wanna start on the 78 soon.

registered

Just finished registering the new aquisition in the database. Still need to join the CCOA. Have been a member of the MCA for many years and have owned/restored many Mustangs/Fairlanes/Torinos and a couple of Mercury's in the past...68 Cyclone 390GT and a 69 Cyclone Q code car many years ago.

The car I just found and aquired is an original paint/interior 1972 XR7, Q code 351CJ, factory 4 speed (5), A/C and many other options. Light pewter metallic (5A)with black (DA) interior and landau roof. Has the 5 slot styled steel wheels. Original exhaust still intact and underhood unmolested, other than a carb rebuild. I'm currently waiting on it's delivery to the house.

More to come as I get into the car!
    Currently own:

72 XR7, Q code, factory 4 speed, light pewter metallic w/black interior
    86 Mustang SSP, Florida Highway Patrol
    2006 Mustang, black w/red insert int.
    67 Mustang, dusk rose w/deluxe black int.

Hi, I'm new to this site and seem to be having trouble following the link to register my Cougar I just bought. It keeps saying page not available. Any suggestions? I'd really like to find out the scope on the car. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GFTL#8 View Post
    Hi, I'm new to this site and seem to be having trouble following the link to register my Cougar I just bought. It keeps saying page not available. Any suggestions? I'd really like to find out the scope on the car. Thanks
    Welcome, Try this link.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content
    NOS/Literature/Manuals/Body Parts/Interior Parts/Electrical and more

1967 XR7 * Polar White * Saddle Tan * PS * PB * AC * AOD
    .....................Everyone is entitled to my opinion.
    Hidden Content

Registration Link

Thanks alot for the link. I am offically registered.

my cat sounds brand new

im new to this forum guys
    i have a 92 anniversary edition........is that to new to talk to you all?

Just picked up a great 69 with the SS Chrome accents.
    I will register it soon its my 2nd Cougar (the 1st being a sweet black 88 R.I.P) and 1st classic Cat!
    Looking forward to picking everyones brains on tech issues.

Bricklyn

Thread Information