Should I get 5 wheels or 4? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Should I get 5 wheels or 4?

Re: Should I get 5 wheels or 4?

Quote Originally Posted by maxgig View Post
    Thanks all for the knowledge and 69xr7vert for the spreadsheet. I decided on getting 4 wheels since I already bought a full sized spare. I'm going with a 5.25in BS and 0 offset. I'll be placing the order the end of the month and having them delivered to my house in KS. Thanks again.
    What rim width? I dunno for sure but that BS might be a lot for the front. Keep in mind my spreadsheet is for the back (fixe wheel). From my experience (alone, it's all I have to offer), I have 17 x 8 with 4.5" BS on the front and it works, barely. I have had evidence of the tire catching the wheel well opening molding at least once (suspension action while in a turn I figure). Not sure how much margin there is on the inside when the wheels are turned (which is where you will have more wheel/tire with a 5.25" BS vs. my 4.5" BS), maybe it will be fine but I could not say for sure.
    Isabel: The realization of a seven year long dream:

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Canted--Texan on the351cforum: "One of my most impressive attributes is that.......a lot of people don't like me.....or the horse I rode in on"

Re: Should I get 5 wheels or 4?

I'm putting 18x8.5 on all four. I've asked a ton of questions of the rim guy and those are just 2 more to get clarification on. You say you sometimes have rubbing issues up front with a 4.5" BS. I didn't think of the fronts, so I'll ask about that and have him punch in the numbers and see what works best. To recap I was going to do 18x8.5 all around with a 5.25" BS and 0 offset. Based on new information I'll look into the previous numbers for the rear only and 18x8.5 up front with a 4.5" BS and 0 offset.
    Hidden Content Currently in the Stable: 69 Mercury Cougar - cruiser/show car, Donut maker, "Now with A/C & fuel injection" 10 Maxima SV- Mom's loaner car from Dad, 15 F150 Lariat SuperCab - Dad's Truck, 16 Suzuki Burgman 650 - Dad's 2 wheeled Toy

Thread Information