Mercury Cougar Owners banner

71 - 73 Cougar Owners List

93K views 180 replies 121 participants last post by  Jeff’s73CJ 
#1 · (Edited)
Well time to re-visit the 1-2-3 Club. 5th Jan 2004
I have found a couple of new names, but I am sure I have left out a few, so, PLEASE check the list and if you are not on it, send me your details so that I can put them in.

BTW: Rick, is there any way this can stay at the top, so I don't have to search for it all the time, :D, pretty please.

Attachments

See less See more
#54 ·
WOW!!! That is one nice 3rd gen cat!!!!!! Love the color and the wheels Too!!!

#58 ·
hi, new here and my name happens to be Dayle too

Anywho, I have a 73 Cougar conv Ivy Green XR7
(for sale btw) very clean 123k on it

and a 71 copper xr7 conv 4 speed car too 91k on it.

also a 70 Eliminator factory sunroof car :)

Had: a 70 Boss Eliminator Grabber Green car too
many yrs ago, trying to buy it back now too
also a 71 Xr7 4 spd HT yrs ago with f/r sway bars and staggered shocks, very cool and
a 69 XR7 conv w/ Eliminator add ons for a cool look
also gone :(

Attachments

#59 ·
I'm new to the website. My Cougar was originally my Grandpas, then Grannies, then my Mom had it and now it's mine. She has 70,000 old
folks miles on her, and she's still totally original. I'm giving her some well
deserved attention. 72 XR7, H/T, 351C 2V, FMX. My photos won't upload
now, so I'll have to get back with the pics later.
Mike

#60 · (Edited)
1971 Cougar list updated, [my apologies for the slowness] 1972 updated as well.

#63 ·
71 Gt

Hi All,
This is my first post. I have been lurking for a while.

I have a clean rust free 71 Cougar GT. I am told that several have sold in the last couple years, but I can not even find evidence of any being on the planet. Hmmm. Anyway, this is my baby. 351-4v (M-code), C-6, 9-inch. Grabber green and dark green interior. Hood scoop, Ralley wheels. Just a basic factory hotrod.

Can't seen to add a picture. Too late to figure it out now.

Skip

#64 ·
I'm looking for a Pic of a 71 Cougar, that is diamond blue on the outside with a navy blue vinyl top & a royal blue interior, I used to own a Cougar like this from 1973 to 1975. I want to show it to my 22 year old Daughter, so she can se what a beautiful car it was, it had a 351 Cleveland, with a 4 barrel, Built in jan of 1971 so it was still the Hi Po motor, it surprised several 396 Camaro's & Chevelle's. Please send the Pic to jdr_dlr@bellsouth.net Thanks In advance. Johnnyr

#68 ·
Another name

Guess I could be another name in your forum. Just bought a 73 Cougar for $600 (Canadian) May 1. Took it home, plugged in the VIN, didn't realize what the q-code meant but the decoder says it's a CJ. The car has a 4 bbl carb, hard to tell from the externals if it's the original engine tho. Guess I'll have to pull off the pan and find out. Does have a C6 and a 9-inch trak-loc. Originally bought it for rebuild parts, now it's looking pretty good for a resto. Anybody got any thoughts on production numbers for Q-codes? Up here it takes a few weeks to get a Marti report.

#69 ·
Another Newbie

Newbie here...
I finaly cat home this past weekend. It's a '72 XR7 H 351c 2v. It belonged to my Grandfather back in the day. It was sitting under a cover for about 6+ years. She fired up after a new master cylinder, battery and some fresh gas. There is very little surface rust and some minor body damage on the passenger side. The odometer reads a little bit over 46,000. I'll post pics later.

#70 ·
Hi Guys
Thanks for all the updates on the 71 - 73s I will post the info asap, and congrats to all the new owners.

Cheers
Moby

#72 ·
Don't know whether I should add my name or my daughter's to the list - she's claiming the '73 XR7; even though the insurance and capital costs will/have come out of my pocket!

I guess put us both in as sharing a '73 XR7, 351C-2BBl (for now).

Pictures of Cleo the Big Cat are still floating around here; it was NoKitten's 'til he turned it over to us.

NoNameKitten (Jessie)
DesertDawg (Jessie's Dad)

#73 ·
Please add me to the list!

I recently picked up a medium goldenrod yellow over ginger leather 1971 XR7 351C-2V w/C6 and except for the absence of power windows and power locks, it's just like the one I owned way too many years ago! It has been sleeping for the last 15 years and only has 86K original miles!

Who says you can't ever go back?!
:dogpile:

ijk001

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.