Mercury Cougar Owners banner

Introducing 0F94H507149

6K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  0F91H570075 
#1 · (Edited)
Introducing the latest member of my Cougar Den
I already have a White with Ginger interor XR-7 hard top VIN 0F93H524398 and a 70 XR-7 Convertible VIN 0F94M523136. I have been looking for a parts car to get a couple needed sheet metal parts for the M code drop top. Well a few days ago I was searching Craigslist and found a pile of part that had all the parts I needed. As well as another 70 XR-7 droptop.
Introducing 0F94H507149. Isn't she a beauty?

DSC_0341
It came from the factory with the following,
Serial Number 0F94H507149
Built at Dearborn
Cougar XR-7 Convertible
351-2V Engine
0F94H
DOOR DATA PLATE INFORMATION
7149th Mercury vehicle scheduled for production at Dearborn
09/69 Built: September, 1969
76B Cougar XR-7 Convertible
T Red Paint, Ford #2008-A
6D Dark Red Leather Bucket Seats
6 3.00 Conventional Rear Axle
X FMX Merc-O-Matic Transmission
52 Los Angeles Ordering District

ORDER TYPE STOCK
DSO ITEM #: 8151
DEALER#: 52B120
BOB ESTES
964 S LA BREA AVE
INGLEWOOD CA 90301

Your vehicle was ordered with the following features:
351-2V Windsor Motor
*********** Top w/Glass Backlite
Evaporative Emissions
FMX Merc-O-Matic Transmission
F70X14 Belted Tires
White Sidewall Tires
Console
Power Front Disc Brakes
Power Steering
Tilt Steering Wheel
Air Conditioner - Whisperaire
AM/FM Stereo Radio
Tinted Glass-Complete
Rallye Wheel Covers

DSC_0350

This poor old poopbox has lost a lot of it's original equipment..

DSC_0347
Tep, the seats and door panels are ginger insted of Red. I have the Red dash

DSC_0346
Humm, that don't look like a Winsor, The 351C2V came from the same parts car the Ginger interor parts came from.

This pile of junk was the only reason I bought it. If you look closly you woll see a 70 Convertible quarter panel hiding there. It came with both R/H and L/H quarters.
My plans are to tune it up put it together, clean it up and put it up for sale. If you know any one who is looking for a ruff project have them contact me.
Lets make a deal...

0F94M523436

0F93H524398

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
#3 ·
Looks like one worth saving Neal - long way to go ---- like my S code! <sigh> no ambition on a zero degree day either!

#5 ·
Carey,

I know cougarshark is parting out a 70 vert and c9wboss302 was selling a pair of 70 1/4s and i wanted the pass side but i cannot get a hold of her and i already purchased the pass side from cougarshark.

thanks
pat

p.s. looks like your shop is getting full neal.

#6 ·
I have to apologize for not getting back to people on this, But... The Left quarter panel is trash, It was replaced at one time and done poorly. The R/H quarter is fine from mid wheel well back. The trunk floors are nice. I have sold some of the trim but have some more for sale. It came with an extra set of quarters but they are most likely only good for patch panels. The were replaced at one time with Ford replacement panel. But,It will take a lot of work to use them as replacements again. It has a decent set of doors with bolt in glass. Any interest let me know.

#7 ·
Neal - I would be interested in the lower portions of the quarters - the wheel wells are different on the 70 Vs the 69 though.....not sure how much it would change things? the bolt in glass is an attractive option but I have 2 good doors and the new glues seems to hold up just fine. I could use the front and rear valence pannels if they aren't to beat up....

#11 ·
Neal - I would be interested in the lower portions of the quarters - the wheel wells are different on the 70 Vs the 69 though.....not sure how much it would change things?
The difference in the wheel opening is at the front section. If you are putting a whole quarter on a car then the differnce comes into play. If you are only patching in sections in should not present much of a problem. If you are looking to replace a section that would run from inside the door jamb (factory overlap area) to the outer wheel house then you will need the repair section to be from the same year as the car being repaired. If the donor car and the project car are opposite years then you would need to cut this panel in somewhere on the face area. This applies only to the section in front of the tire. Behind the tire should not be an issue at all regardless of which year the donor and project cars are.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

#8 ·
Neal,

how is the condition of the pass fender?? I repaired mine but i`m not to pleased with some of the area on it where it was damaged. If you can PM me on its condition and a price..

thanks
pat

#10 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.