Have you seen this car? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Have you seen this car?

Re: Have you seen this car?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_B_SVT View Post
    Latest sighting...

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/5666143488.html
    $7.5k
    1969 cougar xrs built 351 gt wheels runs great has hide away head lights for more information please txt 7,500 obo seriously buyers only thank u
    Not an XRS (or an XR7 for that matter!).
    Isabel: The realization of a seven year long dream:

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Canted--Texan on the351cforum: "One of my most impressive attributes is that.......a lot of people don't like me.....or the horse I rode in on"

Not in Ian's driveway yet? It's so cool it needs to be rescued (XRS indeed)

I would buy it and hold it for him, but I keep getting flashbacks looking at those stripes.

Something between ski bunny outfits and 'Too Close for Comfort' episodes:

1967 Cougar GT clone 390/C6 Restomod in Madras Blue - Edelbrock Performer top end/HS Roller tip/TCP front/Holley long tubes/9" Posi/4 wheel disc
    1974 Mustang TOO 2.8l V6/C4 (rat rod Pony teaser) - The year that you could not get a V8 in a Mustang Hidden Content

Hey does anyone know if Ian every found and or got the car? I just got back from taking my mother in law to Des Moines and saw it at a dealership on NW 2nd Avenue. You can't miss that paint job, in fact it caught my eye even though it was parked behind 2 rows of cars.
    Hidden Content Currently in the Stable: 69 Mercury Cougar - cruiser/show car, Donut maker, "Now with A/C & fuel injection" 10 Maxima SV- Mom's loaner car from Dad, 15 F150 Lariat SuperCab - Dad's Truck, 16 Suzuki Burgman 650 - Dad's 2 wheeled Toy

4. Remove Advertisements
    MercuryCougar.net
    Advertisements

This car just turned up again! I see a guy on FB Patrick Dorrian Jr is the new owner...... sound like he's planning to change it from it's current paint scheme. (Can't say I blame him! lol)
    1969 E-cat warmed-over 351W AOD

1969 XR7 S Code vert in progress

1968 F code XR7 - waiting for re-imbursment from bro-in law :>\

1998 F150 4x4 D.D - 300k on the clock!

2001 F150 4x4 backup for 98 ;>P

2 x 1985 Suzuki Madura 1200's. One done - one in progress

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bad69cat View Post
    This car just turned up again! I see a guy on FB Patrick Dorrian Jr is the new owner...... sound like he's planning to change it from it's current paint scheme. (Can't say I blame him! lol)
    Arguably, the majority of the value and interest in the car is in the vintage paint scheme. Remove the wild stripes and you have a '69 Eliminator Clone. Remove the scoop and rear spoiler and you have a comp orange '69 Standard Cougar. As it sits right now, at any car show it goes to, it is a messenger from another time. People will see it and be amazed, alarmed, or revolted! But it will evoke a reaction and draw attention and conversation as a result.
    If you strip it all away then what you have left is an orange '69 Cougar. People will still say "oh I used to have a Cougar" or even "nice Charger", and then walk away and forget all about it. But a striped hippy street machine? That will stick in people's memory for years afterwards. Any time they see another Cougar they'll be like "do you remember that one we saw with the crazy stripes? Wow!". And people will be like "Oh yeah, I've seen that one too! That is ugly as sin!".
    ~ Mike B.

2003 Mustang Cobra Convertible
    Sonic Blue 1 of 354

1970 Cougar Eliminator (Competition Gold / Black Decor Interior)
    1 of 70 with 428SCJ, Ram Air, 4-speed.Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Looking for an Eliminator? Then be sure to check out the "Eliminators on the Market" thread in the Hidden Content section of the forum!

Mike, you are right on the money with your comments!

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Canted--Texan on the351cforum: "One of my most impressive attributes is that.......a lot of people don't like me.....or the horse I rode in on"

Completely agree with Mike. I saw the new owner on facebook talking about how he was going to redo it. His car, wish he would have bought something else to restore.

Was anyone able to let Ian know that his car was found???

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff's73CJ View Post
    Was anyone able to let Ian know that his car was found???
    Yes - https://www.mercurycougar.net/forums/...186#post930186
    Nate

1968 2-Door Hardtop | 8F91F587473
    302 2V / 3-speed Manual / 2.79:1
    Saxony Yellow / Med. Saddle Vinyl / Decor Group
    Purchased 5/26/1987 @ 94,167 miles

Blog Entries

Up for sale again...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Merc...0426264360249/

June 2019Posted on FB by Patrick Dorrian Jr. (https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002683694987)

1969 cougar
    $7,000
    1969 Mercury Cougar 351 Windsor- It's A Pretty Clean Car & Nice Ride. I Hate To See It Go, But Need It Gone. Specs. are: 351 Windsor Engine, RWD, Automatic- The Speedometer Has Most Likely Been Rolled Over At Least Once, Maybe Twice. Contact Info. Is Provided Below. Come On In For A Test Drive & Walk-Ins Are Always Welcome! Feel Free To Call If You Have Any Questions- Ask For Patrick.
    4469 NW 2nd St.
    Des Moines, IA 50313
    House Of Cars/ Ask For Patrick
    #(515) 410-1133
    ~ Mike B.

2003 Mustang Cobra Convertible
    Sonic Blue 1 of 354

1970 Cougar Eliminator (Competition Gold / Black Decor Interior)
    1 of 70 with 428SCJ, Ram Air, 4-speed.Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Looking for an Eliminator? Then be sure to check out the "Eliminators on the Market" thread in the Hidden Content section of the forum!

says .. sold ,,,,,

Hey guys thanks to your efforts I have been in contact with the seller and unfortunately it has been technically sold to a fella in Washington state. My fault for not being more diligent and seeing the ad when it first popped up. The car is still physically in Des Moines and I'm hopeful that Patrick (the seller) can at the very least put me in contact with the buyer. Maybe I can negotiate a deal to keep it from going to the west coast. But for now all I can do is cross my fingers and wait.

I cant say enough good things about this forum and its members. You guys are truly a great group and with any luck I'll be able to add another "Stray Cat" to your membership ranks.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you

Hey guys thanks to your efforts I have been in contact with the seller and unfortunately it has been technically sold to a fella in Washington state. My fault for not being more diligent and seeing the ad when it first popped up. The car is still physically in Des Moines and I'm hopeful that Patrick (the seller) can at the very least put me in contact with the buyer. Maybe I can negotiate a deal to keep it from going to the west coast. But for now all I can do is cross my fingers and wait.

I cant say enough good things about this forum and its members. You guys are truly a great group and with any luck I'll be able to add another "Stray Cat" to your membership ranks.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you

Hey Ian,

I understand from Mike Banks that you were able to prevail and buy the car?! Mike contacted me on FB (I am not on here much anymore) and I looked up the email in your profile and provided it. We (Mike and I) are thrilled if you indeed have made a deal! Best of luck and keep us posted on things.

Regards,

Robert

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

It is true. I have the car in my possession thanks to that email. You guys are awesome! Once getting the car home I enjoyed it for the fathers day weekend but 25 years have not been kind to it so it's currently in storage while I stockpile funds to return her to her former glory. This car means the world to me and I couldn't have found it without you guys. Thank you so so so much!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190613_103427_1562152050954.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	101857  

Thread Information