Looking for 67 Cougar sold in Ben Lomond around 1980.

Thread: Looking for 67 Cougar sold in Ben Lomond around 1980.

Looking for 67 Cougar sold in Ben Lomond around 1980.

I am looking for my first car or at least info on it if the present owner doesn't want to give it up. It was a 1967 Cougar, blue, Landou top, with console and tambor door, 3 speed automatic and I sold it around 1979-1980 at my home in Ben Lomond, California, located in the Santa Cruz mountains. Our family name is Wisnia and either my grandfather or my name would have appeared on the registration papers. We saved every years registration and kept them together so it is possible they are still with the car if the car has not been junked. Even if the car or parts of it are sitting in a field someplace I would be interested in finding what I can. If nothing else I need to try to find the VIN so I can get the history from the California DMV. If you have any info on this car or pictures of it from someplace in it's history please let me know.
    Thanks

Re: Looking for 67 Cougar sold in Ben Lomond around 1980.

If you'll post the vin I will look it up on the national database and see if anyone has reported it. Better yet, email it to, if you don't want to post it; pinktwo at att dot net
    Jim Pinkerton

Thank you but the VIN number is the problem. I don't have it or the plate number. Ford doesn't seem to be able to help nor the DMV or our insurance company at the time. Really, all I have is the family name. If the database is searchable can you search for Henry I. Wisnia or send me a link if the database is for public use? I can partially reconstrcut the VIN number based on the configuration of the car if that helps. The car would have been first sol in San Jose (Santa Clara)
    Thank you,
    Randy

[email protected]

4. Remove Advertisements
    MercuryCougar.net
    Advertisements

I looked at the national database, where we can query the last name of an owner, and unfortunately there is nothing under Wisnia. I'm surprised that the insurance company didn't retain the vin number of that car unless you are no longer a customer. There is one more possible way to determine the vin, etc. If you know the name of the original dealer who sold the car, you could contact Kevin Marti and find out how much iw would cost for him to search the production database, under that dealers' code and find the vin numbers, paint and interior colors, vinyl roof or no, on any '67 Cougars sold there. From that list you may be able to deduce which car was yours, as often a dealer would not sell two '67s that were identical. Just a thought.

Thank you Jim,
    I contacted Kevin this morning and he mentioned the same thing. I am checking with all the dealers that were in San Jose in 1967. I can put together most of the VIN except for the final serial number and I can put together most of the body code. I want to see a few Cougars up close to confirm that the Trafalger blue is the right blue but I am sure it is. I remember the color but it's hard to tell on the internet. I also need to make sure I am looking at the right color of interior which was vinyl, no fabric. The car did have the Vinyl black top but what I am not sure of is if this means it was a "Luxury body". I am finding that the base body had a standard and a luxury option. It also had the full console in the center with a 3 speed automatic, ash tray, and metal roll up door under the radio. If anyone can help me figure out how the body code might be affected by those items it will help. The color is something I will have to figure out when I see some physical cars and check their builders plates.

Thanks,
    Randy

Randy -- The items you mentioned, like a console, could have been in a Standard Cougar or an XR-7. There is no indication in the vin number or the data code plate concerning those items.
    Jim

Blog Entries

With a roll up door on the console it would be a standard, body code in the VIN would be 91(7F91?????) and on the data tag it would be 65A.
    Hidden Content
    See ya on the hiways, Neal
    1970 XR-7 Hard top White & Ginger. 351W "Ginger"
    1970 XR-7 convertible Blue & Black 351C 4V
    1971 XR-7 Bright Blue with Blue Up beat interior
    1970 Standard 428CJ Competition Yellow The New Money Pit.
    2002 Miata LS Emerald Mica Daily driver.
    2006 Ranger Sonic Blue, 4.0 V6 5 speed AOD The work force.
    If it ain't broken, Modify it!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

Jim, Do you have to be a member of the National Cougara club to search the database? I am on thier site and I don't see a link to actually do a search.
    Thanks,
    Randy

Randy -- This subject has come up many times over the years. A search of the past threads may provide some needed detail; in a nutshell, the CCOA National Database is not available to the general public; the information has not been obtained with permission to share it. That said, communicating with either Phil Parcells or me, we'd be glad to do some research for you, if that would help. Try to be as specific as you can with your questions. You can reach Phil, manager of the database, at cougardb at frontiernet dot net I am simply the backup site for the database, and make no changes to it -- only Phil does that.
    Hope this helps.
    Jim

Thread Information