Best replacement wiper blades for newer cougars?

Thread: Best replacement wiper blades for newer cougars?

Question Best replacement wiper blades for newer cougars?

What are other people using for replacement windshield wiper blades? I've been using trico neoform beam blades for years and they're awesome but before I go out and buy more neoforms, was wondering if there was anything brand new out there in the last year that are notable and I should take a look at? I gotta buy new wipers for all 4 vehicles before winter!!

Re: Best replacement wiper blades for newer cougars?

if u are looking for newer cougar info, look at a newer cougar forum. most of us here won't drive ours in the rain...
    1968 Cougar, originally Grecian Gold with Parchment. 302 2V, C4, PS, dealer add on AC. 1 of 1 with this VIN. Hidden Content

Thumbs up Re: Best replacement wiper blades for newer cougars?

Quote Originally Posted by BarneyFife View Post
    if u are looking for newer cougar info, look at a newer cougar forum. most of us here won't drive ours in the rain...
    Will do... I figured that most old cougar owners also have newer vehicles and may want to weigh-in. I did find and post at new cougar though. Thanks.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MercuryCougar.net
    Advertisements

I get good results on my Fusion with the standard ANCO blades I purchase at the local Walmart.

I have tried some of the trick blades and the "Branded" blades and they are not worth the extra money.
    "Don't blame me. I voted for Kodos"

This is a SERIOUS addiction. There is no patch. There is no gum. You're stuck with this one.

"I had the right to remain silent, but not the ability." - Ron White

1969 XR 7 Coupe 351W, Meadowlark Yellow/Saddle
    2011 Fusion SE I4 6-speed auto with Appearance Package, Silver
    1981 Honda CB900F - Original owner
    2016 Fusion SE 2.5 - Green/Tan
    My other 1200 cars are 1/25 scale

ANCO's still have steel frames. You can save another dollar of you buy plastic but I think Yelo gave great advice.
    Jeff B Battershill
    1967 XR7 GT
    1967 XR7 a code 4 spd
    1967 a code 4 spd
    1967 3 spd (my first car!) (yep, still own it!)
    1968 XR7 GT-E 427 wellington blue/black leather
    1969 XR7 convert, PW, cruise, tilt-away
    1969 cpe
    1970 cpe
    1970 Eliminator, comp. blue, sunroof

switched from ss ultras to solux - not as white/blue but I like the daylight color and brightness and the fact that they should last longer than the ultras…hopefully
    Keep Smiling... It makes people wonder what you're up to!Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by JB BATTERSHILL View Post
    ANCO's still have steel frames
    I see you're in colorado and I'm not sure if your snow/ice situation is similar to wisconsin or not but I will tell you that the beam blades (like the neoforms I'm using) are a major improvement in the winter. They don't clog up with ice and stiffen up creating huge streaks...there's no frame for the ice and snow to pack into. On the rare occasion I do get ice on them, one snap up and down and the ice falls right off and they're like new.

I'll probably stick with the neoforms but I was hoping to have someone tell me about some new mind-blowing wiper blade that's come out in the past year. Sounds like the same choices are still out there with nothing really new to take a look at. I've got another week or so before I buy, so we'll see.

That does bring up an interesting thought on our cars though - has anybody noticed that many of the stores don't carry just the refills anymore for wiper blades..? the rape artists are selling the arm and all now cuz it "easier" -----NOT ON MY WALLET! Common people - how hard is it really>>? I bet I can swap my blades in less than 6 minutes.....
    1969 E-cat warmed-over 351W AOD

1969 XR7 S Code vert in progress

1968 F code XR7 - waiting for re-imbursment from bro-in law :>\

1998 F150 4x4 D.D - 300k on the clock!

2001 F150 4x4 backup for 98 ;>P

2 x 1985 Suzuki Madura 1200's. One done - one in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Bad69cat View Post
    That does bring up an interesting thought on our cars though - has anybody noticed that many of the stores don't carry just the refills anymore for wiper blades..? the rape artists are selling the arm and all now cuz it "easier" -----NOT ON MY WALLET! Common people - how hard is it really>>? I bet I can swap my blades in less than 6 minutes.....
    My local Autozone doesn't have the refills on the shelf but they do have them in the back. All you have to do is ask. They make more money off the complete piece so they push those.
    Jeff Bingaman
    Hidden Content

1970 Standard Sunroof
    1956 Ford F100
    1960 Dodge Phoenix (My 1st car)
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    2017 F150 Platinum

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Bad69cat View Post
    I've talked to several places and they state that there's so many variables that more often than not customers buy the wrong thing, destroy them and then want to return them. Refills work great if you're absolutely sure you have the original wiper frames because then the application guides can match up refills correctly. The problem is that most cars don't have original frames and maybe trico or anco and then they buy the "mercury cougar" refill and it doesn't work. Basically it sounds like a can of worms that they no longer want to deal with in most cases.

I have no problem paying a little more and making it a 1 minute maintenance item rather than (for me) probably a 3-hour tour with lots of headaches...not the most mechanical in the world.

Thread Information