Lost 1969 XR7 Convertible R code car
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lost 1969 XR7 Convertible R code car

Lost 1969 XR7 Convertible R code car

Looking for 9F94R537112 that i used to own. Last known title in Wi in 1988

Re: Lost 1969 XR7 Convertible R code car

Quote Originally Posted by lewpoberezny View Post
    Looking for 9F94R537112 that i used to own. Last known title in Wi in 1988
    Scott Taylor is the CCOA's registrar for these special Cats, and could see if your VIN is in his database. Shoot him an email with your info at [email protected]

That said, maybe describe the car for us (color combo, unique options, etc.): it might ring a bell with someone.

My R code vert is a slightly earlier car than yours, I've had it since '86. You can see pics @ the link to my gallery below.

Best of luck with your quest.
    - Chris

'67 Cougar std - 4 speed conversion
    '69 Cougar XR-7 "R code" convertible
    '04 Suburban 4wd
    '06 Silverado 4wd 3/4 ton crew

My Gallery:

Hidden Content

This car was a XR7 Convertible. Black with a Maroon interior, Tilt away wheel,electric windows I had also fabricated a roll bar to give it the shelby look. Also factory front spoiler and rear wing were added. at the time of sale whe wheels were American racing 200S.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MercuryCougar.net
    Advertisements

Sounds like a great lookin' car. It doesn't ring any bells with me, but I'm an East Coast guy. It would not surprise me if someone from the WI area remembers it.

Where did it go when you were done with it? Tell us the story.
    - Chris

'04 Suburban 4wd

My Gallery:

Hidden Content

Yes, the car is known to exist and is on the 428CJ registry already. XR7 convertible, black paint, maroon interior, Early January car, automatic, 3.50L rear end. I list the owner as "Tony". Sorry, I have no contact information for him. Perhaps Phil Parcels may have more information on the current owner.
    Hidden Content Scott Taylor, Arizona Cougar Club President & CCOA 428CJ Registry Guy
    ------------------------------------
    1970 XR7 Hardtop 428CJ Ram air Black, 1970 Eliminator Clone convertible Comp Green and a few project Cougars as well

I bought this car from a friends uncle that purchased it new at Schwister Ford in Wisconsin. I pulled out of their driveway slowly accelersted to 40 mph, stomped the ga,s downshifted to first alyed rubber till it hit 2nd gear and layed rubber another 30 feet. of course they were E70-14 tires. that was it had to have it and promptly paid the $1500 asking. that was 1974. I basically stuck every paycheck into the car untill 1984 when i decided I was tired of going to the laundermat. Sold it to a kid for $6500 who blew up a very healthy 13:1 compression rebuild. I replaced all shet metal with Ford oe panels. I was working at a Ford dealer at the time in the parts dept and located the last 2 convertible quarter panels in California. I added a front and rear spoiler from Ford. I located a factory trunk release and also converted it to intermittant wipers, trying to put as many options on the car as possible. I really do not miss the car as I gotta have it again as I am filing that void by building a Factory Five AC Cobra replica. That can be seen at http://ffr7347build.blogspot.com/ it would be nice to contact the new owner and maybe answer any questions he may have.
    Quote Originally Posted by C Gauch View Post
    Sounds like a great lookin' car. It doesn't ring any bells with me, but I'm an East Coast guy. It would not surprise me if someone from the WI area remembers it.

Where did it go when you were done with it? Tell us the story.

Wow, Scott - that's what I call SERVICE!!!
    Last edited by C Gauch; May 3rd, 2011 at 07:48 PM. Reason: can't spell
    - Chris

'04 Suburban 4wd

My Gallery:

Hidden Content

That was great service, now if i could only find Tony.

That was great service, now if i could only find Tony.
    Email Phil Parcels ([email protected] ). He runs the national database project. More on that here:

http://www.cougarclub.org/registry/n...ldatabase.aspx

Don't forget to post up your story on the "One that got away"...
    - Chris

'04 Suburban 4wd

My Gallery:

Hidden Content

I posted a very long story and awaiting the moderator to post it.

Cool. We love that stuff around here.
    - Chris

'04 Suburban 4wd

My Gallery:

Hidden Content

I posted a very long story and awaiting the moderator to post it.
    The only thing I found were your 5 posts on this thread. Is it a blog posting or something?
    Isabel: The realization of a seven year long dream:

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Canted--Texan on the351cforum: "One of my most impressive attributes is that.......a lot of people don't like me.....or the horse I rode in on"

I bought this car a friends uncle, the original owner. I took the car on a road test, slowly up to MPH then stomped the throttle, it downshifted into first breaking loose the tires and when it shifted into 2nd laid down another 30 feet of rubber. it did have E70-14 bias ply tires so that was fairly easy and I had to have the car. laid down $1500.00 without haggling, I'm sure all will understand. Basically poured every paycheck in to the car, had to make it faster of course. I replaced every removable panel over a 10 year ownership period. I worked in parts at a Ford dealer. All ford metal including the last 2 oem quarter panels located in California. Added a factory rear wing and front spoiler to personalize it. This car was block sanded for hours and hours to get it perfectly flat. I built a non functional roll bar trying to get the Shelby look, trying to achieve a look as though Shelby had his hands in it. There were 428 cobra jet emblems on the fenders and snakes above the rear side markers. The last motor I built was a 13:1 monster and ran a 11.96 with the car. I also took out the police C6 and put in a large input shaft top loader and added a Detroit locker with 4.56 gears in the nodular housing. Got tired of shifting when I ran across a reverse shift C6, that made the car fun again. Only problem was finding fuel for it to run decently. After 10 years of ownership I tired of the car and decided to sell and buy a washer and drier to stop going to laundromats. Sold it to a kid for $6500.00. He blew up the engine within a few months and it sat. It was bought by a guy in Milwaukee and he put a milder 428 back in. He no longer owns it and is no longer in WI. i would like to try to find it again even if just to lay eyes on it again. In the meantime I am building a Factory Five AC Cobra replica. You can follow the progress at http://ffr7347build.blogspot.com/.

I just did it again and got the message
    Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1969XR7Vert View Post
    The only thing I found were your 5 posts on this thread. Is it a blog posting or something?

I bought this car a friends uncle, the original owner. I took the car on a
    road test, slowly up to MPH then stomped the throttle, it downshifted into
    first breaking loose the tires and when it shifted into 2nd laid down another
    30 feet of rubber. it did have E70-14 bias ply tires so that was fairly easy
    and I had to have the car. laid down $1500.00 without haggling, I'm sure all
    will understand. Basically poured every paycheck in to the car, had to make it
    faster of course. I replaced every removable panel over a 10 year ownership
    period. I worked in parts at a Ford dealer. All ford metal including the last 2
    oem quarter panels located in California. Added a factory rear wing and front
    spoiler to personalize it. This car was block sanded for hours and hours to get
    it perfectly flat. I built a non functional roll bar trying to get the Shelby
    look, trying to achieve a look as though Shelby had his hands in it. There were
    428 cobra jet emblems on the fenders and snakes above the rear side markers.
    The last motor I built was a 13:1 monster and ran a 11.96 with the car. I also
    took out the police C6 and put in a large input shaft top loader and added a
    Detroit locker with 4.56 gears in the nodular housing. Got tired of shifting
    when I ran across a reverse shift C6, that made the car fun again. Only problem
    was finding fuel for it to run decently. After 10 years of ownership I tired of
    the car and decided to sell and buy a washer and drier to stop going to
    laundromats. Sold it to a kid for $6500.00. He blew up the engine within a few
    months and it sat. It was bought by a guy in Milwaukee and he put a milder 428
    back in. He no longer owns it and the caris no longer registered in WI. I would like to try to
    find it again even if just to lay eyes on it again. In the meantime I am building
    a Factory Five AC Cobra replica. You can follow the progress at

http://ffr7347build.blogspot.com/
    Last edited by lewpoberezny; May 4th, 2011 at 08:04 AM.

Thread Information