67 in Sumter

Thread: 67 in Sumter

67 in Sumter

Hello All,
    From the little history I know on this car Iím the third owner and itís originally from Illinois. I picked it up at our local Ford dealership back in October, I think. I had no time to dive in to start anything as far as major repairs, this was my daily driver. The next day I was pushed off the road in Columbia, SC and almost totaled my regular car. Thankfully Iím deployed because my car is still not fixed yet. Anyways Iíve got the 289 2 bbl engine with the 3 speed auto. The hot gas choke is shot but it did well though. In the time I had I replaced all the vacuum lines and managed to get the sequential taillights operating without the relay module. It does have a bit of body issueís, paint and a few dents. Biggest issue is the hood may need to be replaced, the last owner the hood opened while driving, didnít close it hard enough. The other it looks as if though someone put a cigarette out on the vinyl top. The first owner did have some things done to it: new vinyl top, reupholstered the seats, and the dash cover. The seats and top look almost original but the dash has got to be replaced. The paint on there now is not the original color; the original was that sea foam green itís showing itself through the starches. Under the hood Iím not sure if it is indeed the original engine or not same with the transmission. I do have thoughts of pulling it out and dropping my 385hp 351W from my old Bronco and adding the AOD transmission, just thoughts though. The only thing that is planned for it when I get back from this deployment is to replace the wiring harness to avoid electrical issues like I did when I was restoring the Bronco. Anyways thatís the story so far, canít wait to get back and start getting that Cougar running and looking good!!

Justin

Click image for larger version.†

Name:	16.jpg†
Views:	202†
Size:	87.3 KB†
ID:	25045

Re: 67 in Sumter

Nice looking Cat, Great to know there is another one in the area
    67 Cougar XR7 289 4V C4

Nice - keep your head down.

What wiring harness did you use in the Bronco? Are you going original or hotrod for the harness in the 67?
    Leon
    Brisbane, Australia

Hidden Content

Designed to be driven
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    MercuryCougar.net
    Advertisements

Theres another one in sumter, not sure which one but it has a big block in it. he's part of sumter cruisers, a local car club. as far as the harness for the bronco i got the complete harness from painlesswiring. they had a like a 14 and a 18 curcuit harness. they are very simple to do, a little over welming and some systems do not come with the correct wiring diagram. i.e. cruise control, ignition switch. but the wires are labeled every 4 to 6 inches of where the wire is coming and going to. the one for the cougar is a 12 curcuit for the 65-69 mustang.

Justin, I just saw this post I wanted to post a reply. I am also located in Sumter and I have the big block 67 that you mentioned earlier in this post. I am not sure if you are still deployed but you can drop me a private message and I can fill you in about some car events in the area. I saw your Cougar at McLauglin Ford and I stopped and looked at it. I knew the salesman and he brought out the keys. I wrote down the vin # and if I remember correctly your car has a Colorado DSO.
    Steven
    Hidden Content
    1967 6.5 Litre
    Dan Gurney Special

Hidden Content

Cool, sent you PM
    Justin
    '67 Cougar
    289 4bbl

Thread Information