Georgia Cougar Guys??????
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Georgia Cougar Guys??????

Georgia Cougar Guys??????

Where are you and what will bring you out to meets etc????

Seems like at the most we get 4-5 people out to shows etc....

So what floats your boat enough to drive them out???

Re: Georgia Cougar Guys??????

Just gotta get mine running good enough to get it out.....am finishing up my garage so i can tear into it and get it running...also looking to buy something already done so i can get out quicker.....I know several down in the peachtree city area and not sure why they don't get out.....
    Chris Jones
    1969 XR-7 Convertible - Red with blk interior and top-the cruiser-had it since 1987
    1969 Eliminator, Comp Orange, 351W 4V, orig sunroof car
    1969 XR-7 428CJ R/A 4 speed (aka "Black and Blue")

Jeff,

Most of the activities that I see listed are on the north side of ATL. The drive up there from the south side is not much fun. I got over to the shows at Summit and the one in Fayetteville a few times, only saw one other Cougar.

I'd be interested in weekend morning meets / runs on the south or maybe west side of ATL.

There's a BIG show at Summit on 12/04/10. Christmas toys for tots show. If it's not cold or rainy I'll plan to be there.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MercuryCougar.net
    Advertisements

I just need to get my heads back from the machine shop and give Haggarty a check. Not sure how long of a cruise I will be willing to take in her, but Cobb, Paulding and Douglas are easily within reach. I was planning on going to the Georgia Racing Hall of Fame show a couple of weeks ago, since I am a member, but the machine shop is taking their time.
    Hidden Content
    Mike Cole

70 XR7 351C temporary rat build in progress (found here Hidden Content )

97 F-250 Powerstroke (Now totaled, thanks to a texting jackass)

97 F-350 Powerstroke 4 door, soon to be as nice as the last one

68 BSA Lightning 650 racer project

05 Harley FLHT hot rod bagger

71 Bronco trail rig project/daily driver

I still have to finish the installation of the radiator in mine. I work so much (12+ hrs a day) that I have very little time to get out much with my kitty. Most Saturdays I'm working till late in the afternoon so that on Sunday I'm trying to catch up on things that went undone during the week. I plan on making to some of the events anyway.

I plan on being in Marietta at the Avenues the first Sat in Nov. Need to make a run down to PTC to check in on the old man. Been runnin' around D'ville in my car any chance I get. The rebuild on the engine is awsome! Need to start planning the next step. Suspension? I kind of agree with old man, but then again I am partial to the west side of town. From what I've been reading, it seems to be a central location. Jeff, next time you're on the west side working, let me know. I'll swingMoms-car by. Ask the other Jeff how it's running.

I'm still going to the PTC Atlanta Bread Co. on Saturday mornings. Going to FL in Early Nov. Marietta sounds interesting, but it's a long haul up there

Still tinkering with the cat, not sure which way to take the refurbishing.

Wish it wasn't so far from me...been wishing I could find a group here.
    67 6.5 Litre

Blog Entries

The fact that there is a cougar club in georgia excites me. I'm from Dalton, Ga about an hour and a half north of atlanta. My dad is president of the Dalton Street Machines car club, and they have a bunch of members. I think they do meets and shows/cruise-ins on the 2nd saturday of every month, everywhere from south TN to about Calhoun, but they mostly stick to Dalton, unless they're trying to work with another club.

Long story short, I would LOVE to join this club and I think I could really help the club out, as far as orchestrating events, charity functions, and working with the city (wherever yall host your meets). If you want, I could even ask my dad if he would do a cruise-in in conjunction with your club to try to boost yalls view of the public.

Thanks for your offer, currently we are very loosely organized. We are currently trying to get guys together at some shows. If you know of a show let us know and we will try to get some cat's there!

Not Sure if it is of much interest to many of you guys, but there is a small show I am going to on the 16th. It is in Paulding county at East Paulding High School and is a fund raiser show for the JROTC program there. I am going because I was in ROTC all 4 years at that high school and want to support it. I would love to meet up with some other guys and talk cars if we could all get together at a show.
    Hidden Content
    Mike Cole

I might be able to make it to that one. I live in East Cobb, so it's not too far away from me. The only thing is that I work as a bartender on Friday & Saturday nights, try to get to bed by 5:30 to 6 AM so I would have to either stay up & go to the show real earrly or get up real early and go to the show late. Are you more likely to be there real early or real late? Also, is your '70 far enough along that you would be bringing it to the show??

On another note, I'm actually in the Hiram area fairly often. I store my camper in my good friend's barn right down the road from you closer to Austell & go down there to hang out every couple to 3 weeks... in fact I'll be down there Wednesday to get my camper out so I can take a short trip next week. I've also been trying to schedule to have Rhino Liner done in my F250 at a place right there across from the Hiram Walmart but we seem to be having a hard time working that out so far.. My point is even if I can't make the show, I could drive my Cougar out that way sometime & we could meet for a beer or a burger....
    Johnathebar

'67 Cougar Standard, 289,3spd,AC
    '80 Mercedes 240d 4spd, 495k, my daily driver
    '93 Mazda MX3 GS, 38k
    '00 Ford F250 Lariat Powerstroke Xcab

Quote Originally Posted by johnathebar View Post
    I might be able to make it to that one. I live in East Cobb, so it's not too far away from me. The only thing is that I work as a bartender on Friday & Saturday nights, try to get to bed by 5:30 to 6 AM so I would have to either stay up & go to the show real earrly or get up real early and go to the show late. Are you more likely to be there real early or real late? Also, is your '70 far enough along that you would be bringing it to the show??

On another note, I'm actually in the Hiram area fairly often. I store my camper in my good friend's barn right down the road from you closer to Austell & go down there to hang out every couple to 3 weeks... in fact I'll be down there Wednesday to get my camper out so I can take a short trip next week. I've also been trying to schedule to have Rhino Liner done in my F250 at a place right there across from the Hiram Walmart but we seem to be having a hard time working that out so far.. My point is even if I can't make the show, I could drive my Cougar out that way sometime & we could meet for a beer or a burger....
    I will be there with the Cougar, given that I get the proper crank gear for my new timing set. It still isn't pretty, but she runs pretty good. I took it to a show a couple of weekends ago in downtown Hiram. I think the show starts at noon, and registration is 10:30. Either way, if you make it out one weekend drop me a PM and maybe we can meet up somewhere. Where is your bar at? maybe I could ride out there one day.
    Hidden Content
    Mike Cole

Blog Entries

who is the president of this club? how many members do you have? as far as being loosely organized, the first step is to figure out geographically where everybody is and everybody's schedule. What it seems like to me is that we're a hodgepodge of people who have in common a love for our cougars but not the time in order to get together as a whole. As far as organizing the meet, I can certainly help in that once I know where everybody is able to meet at and a schedule that's good for them. Unfortunately, I wont be able to attend any of the meets until after June (I'm in Iraq right now with my unit).

Naturally, the best time for any meet would be Saturdays, generally 11 am to 1 pm as a start. Depending on the activities at these meets, hold it for about 5-6 hours, though sometimes the dalton street machines will start at 10 and not be done with everything until 10 pm. but it isn't enough for a bunch of people to get together, park their cars, and chit-chat. We want people to appreciate the same thing that we love, our Cougars, right? The way I see it, we're blessed and cursed; Cougars are pretty rare in any model. So while it's nice to see a rare car, it's even harder to get a large enough group together. So you have to offer more than just our cars for people to see.

I'm talking raffles, lemonade stands, hot dog stands, a DJ and pa system with music playing, kids activities. It has to be a busy enough location to bring people but not so busy that us being there is going to make them lose business (and by association, money). Then you have to worry about the city officials. In Dalton, we have the support of the mayor, chief of police, and sheriff. They close off part of main street to traffic for the safety of pedestrians, they hold an ambulance there, and there are officers who stand at the barricades instructing traffic where to go. The reason we have this support is because we help out charities. One cruise-in every year we hold for Toys-for-Tots in which all the members bring in a toy and ask the community to do the same. We also hold a fund for emergencies, say somebody in the community loses their house in a fire, we help by giving clothes, food, money, and time to help them rebuild their homes and lives. And the businesses on main street (mostly restaurants, diners, pawn shops, auto stores and garages) generally do better on days we have the cruise-ins. the DSM are a serious asset and help to the community, and everybody gets to look at all the sweat and hard work that are displayed in beautiful cars.

If the Georgia Cougar Club wants to be taken seriously, we have to be dedicated enough, sometimes even sacrifice our personal time to benefit the club and, overall, the community.

Well, you have hit the nail on the head, problem is getting people out.

This was a solid 20+ group for years, did some leaf runs car shows and even hosted 2 cougar nationals.

Problem is they are all 20 years older now, not much new blood and can't get more than a couple to show up.

It was going to disband last year, but a few of us decided to keep it going and try to get some people to certain functions.

Sounds like you would like to get involved, that's great!
    Hopefully we can get some cats to the truitt Cathy event. Give me a PM when your back and have some time.

Thread Information