Hey Remember me?

Thread: Hey Remember me?

Hey Remember me?

Hey guys. Sorry I have been out of touch since I have been back to the States. Things have been busy. First Shelly and I got married on the 4th of July. A lot of last minute planning, coordinating and logistics went into pulling that off on such short notice. That went well. Then we puchased a home. We bought a Repo so things were not very smooth during the transaction. We have finally finished moving in and are now trying to unpack. The cougars new home is still full of boxes and hopefully I can get her in there by the end of this weekend. I have missed all of you and am looking forward to attending the two events next month. Is Catastoga still on the 11th? The 18th I am planning to attend the Mustangs Plus show in Stockton. I am hoping to get started on the tear down of my car this winter. I would like to repaint and put in a new engine. I have landed a 460 block that I plan to rebuild into a nice performance motor that will let me hang with Vinny and his cat. Look forward to seeing you all real soon and getting back into the swing of things with the club now that my life is settling back in (knock on wood).

Tom
    Hidden Content 1970 Cougar, 351C-AUS 2V

Hidden Content
    Member #311

Proud Member of the Hidden Content

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaang, son, we'd been wondering about you, thought you'd fallen off the curb, and into the gutter!
    Welcome back.

Welcome back. I have your rebuilt 460. It's from a 76 bronco. Everything thing is new....line bore, heads, etc. Includes everything but the carb. $1600. It has '72 429 exhaust manifolds that lookd like iron headers. 248-867-3522

4. Remove Advertisements
    MercuryCougar.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mo2872 View Post
    Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaang, son, we'd been wondering about you, thought you'd fallen off the curb, and into the gutter!
    Welcome back.

Hey there Mo!!! They banned the curb at work the bastads. How are you guys over there? I am actually surprised that I can see this website. It is normally blocked. Getting internet at home soon so I should be back.

Hidden Content
    Member #311

Quote Originally Posted by Mercougar67 View Post
    Welcome back. I have your rebuilt 460. It's from a 76 bronco. Everything thing is new....line bore, heads, etc. Includes everything but the carb. $1600. It has '72 429 exhaust manifolds that lookd like iron headers. 248-867-3522
    Thanks for the offer but I have already started putting the stuff together for this one. I hate to imagine what the price of shipping that one from Michigan to California would be.

Hidden Content
    Member #311

Quote Originally Posted by 70guncat View Post
    Hey there Mo!!! They banned the curb at work the bastads. How are you guys over there? I am actually surprised that I can see this website. It is normally blocked. Getting internet at home soon so I should be back.
    Scurvey dogs(heck, it's the 19th in Oz...), will pass on this thread to the feelers.....

Welcome Back

Welcome back Tom,

Thanks for your service overseas and all the best with setting up you new home. Vinny and I were at the Sacramento drag strip last night. Still fun to run the Cougar every once in a while. Let me know when you get your Cougar ready.

Take care,

Hawk1
    Last edited by Hawk1; September 18th, 2008 at 09:27 PM.
    Hawk1
    1970 Cougar XR7 Convertible 351c 4v 4spd

Hi Tom,

Welcome back :-D

I'm hoping you can make it to Catistoga in Placerville on Oct 11th.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercougar67 View Post
    That sounds too good to let go. With a 4 speed toploader I would need a new belhousing right?
    Hidden Content

'68 Standard Cougar - 302 4v J Code 4 spd (1 of 536)
    '87 Fullsize GMC Jimmy - 383 stroker
    '73 F250 XLT Ranger - 390
    '94 Chevy 3500 Dually - 6.5 Turbo Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by ca2stay View Post
    Hi Tom,

Welcome back :-D

I'm hoping you can make it to Catistoga in Placerville on Oct 11th.

Jeff I am planning on it. I did not get my garage cleared out this weekend as planned but came pretty darn close. If Shelly was not having a yard sale in the next 2 weeks it would be clear. I should have time to get a tune up done on the car next week so that I will be ready to roll. Have the green light for Mustangs Plus as well. Provided we remain natural disaster free between now and then.

Tom

Hidden Content
    Member #311

Thread Information