1 25.00%
  • I hope that I can go

0 0%
  • Sorry, can't make it this time

1 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Event: Napa Mustard Tour - SAT February 23rd

Thumbs up Event: Napa Mustard Tour - SAT February 23rd

We're invited to join the GHMC for this years Napa Valley Mustard Tour to be held on Saturday February 23rd.

From Daniel J McCabe of the Golden Hills Mustang Club:

One of the places we will be visiting is Dicks Rod Shop, a place I know you and your club would enjoy. This is invitational only, not open to the public but since he is a friend of mine I was able to arrange this visit.

We are also going to Andretti's winery and having lunch at a local deli. Plus driving around the valley during the Mustard time is a treat. Hope the weather is good but it will go on rain or shine.

We will be meeting at the Grape Crusher off Hwy 29 @ 9:15 am. I will give you directions in a email that I will be sending to our club.

I also want to Thank you for helping with Josh Bass's Mach I, he really appreciated it.

Please let me know if and how many of the Stay Cats will be attending.

Thanks,

Dan

Hi all,

I just got a head count request from Dan - GHMC host for the SAT event. This Saturday February 23rd is GHMC's annual trip to the Napa Valley. This time of year the vineyards are dormant but the Mustard is blooming so it paints a very different picture in the valley.

Weather forecast is not looking good and it may be a rainy day so they're planning some indoor events. Dan has a friend who has a two story garage that is filled with restored and custom cars plus three huge hand painted car theme murals that are a must see. This garage is not open to the public so this may be your only chance to see it. Lunch will follow at a local Deli then off to the Black Stallion Winery. This is a new winery that has a full size Black Stallion horse on top of a fountain. If the rain holds up it will be a perfect photo opportunity for the Cougars.

At 9 am we will be meeting at the Grape Crusher off Hwy 29 in Napa, that is the large statue of a man crushing grapes. We will be leaving at 9:15 am to go to the garage. To get to the Grape Crusher from Hwy 80 take Hwy 12 to Napa, turn right on Hwy 29 get in the left lane and go to the stop light before the bridge. Turn left on Soscol Ferry Rd, that will take you around and under the Hwy then turn right on Vista Point. At the grape crusher we will be handing out menus so you can pre-order your lunch, that will speed things up.

We need to give a head count to the Deli and winery by Thursday.

So far, it looks like three so far. Eric? Anyone else?

We're going today but I'm not taking my Cougar. I expect rain and cold for the day. It should be a fun day though. :-D

Thread Information