Oregon Cougar Owners!?
Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Oregon Cougar Owners!?

Oregon Cougar Owners!?

Just wondering... I see in the profiles that there are other Oregon Cougar owners, and we have West Coast Classic Cougars right here in Oregon, but we don't seem to have a Cougar Club. Has anyone here in Oregon ever tried to start up a Cougar Club? I know the Cascade Cougar Club to the north isn't terribly far away, but is there enough interest right here in Oregon to start up something of our own? Forgive me if this has already been talked about or attempted, as even though I am not new to Cougars, I am still a relative newbie to this website (less than a year). I joined the CCOA, but it just seems like it would be fun to get together with others in the area on a club basis.

Of course we are neighbors..i drive by the "bomber" restaurant every thursday night. I have always thought a Northwest, as in -south of Seattle area- club would be cool.

and yes guys..the restaurant has a bomber in the parking lot.
    "There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle.The other is as though everything is a miracle."
    - Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

1967 Cougar std 3spd
    owned since 1983
    1995 Nissan pathfinder
    1997 Honda Odyssey (wife's driver)

Checking in!

I'd love for this kind of thing to happen..although I frankly can never seem top get a free afternoon free anymore on weekends, for example. The group we have in Oregon (including Vancouver WA, too) is great, from what I've learned so far.

Don and Lin are truly great for this hobby. Red is up in Vancouver. There are quite a few long-time experts in the biz around here..I think it'd take off pretty well, if someone were willing to be buzy on the phones or pc or a combination of the two. The problem, though, is the busy show season usually means those with time are gonna go ahead and venture for things like the Prowl up in Seattle area.

But a get-together once in a while would be awesome. I'd sure volunteer my pasture and camp site area (and barn someday soon here when finally build) for a big picnic and show!

Cheers, feel free to PM me with any thoughts or ideas, guys!

Brian Aust
    Brian Aust
    Silverton, OR

67 GT XR-7 4 Speed Inverness Green/Black AM, Tinted, 3.25 Posi, Tilt-Away, Vinyl Top, Wire Spokes, Front Bumper Guards, 48K miles
    68 427 XR-7 GT-E Black/Black AM, Console, Tinted
    68 Standard White/Saddle Decor, Auto, tinted, console, AC, PB, PS, AM

For your High Quality vinyl Classic Running Cat, "Mercury" and "Cougar" Script decal needs..hit me up!

Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    MercuryCougar.net
    Advertisements

With me I guess that makes 4 of us. Anyone else? If nothing else remind me next summer and I'll volunteer to put together something simple like choosing a central restaurant for a breakfast get together and a cruz to one of the many shows or cruz-ins in the state... ie: the all Ford meet, springfield cruz, etc.
    Hidden Content 68 Standard Cat 302 AT

That would be fun to go somewhere as a group. I enjoy the cruse nights in ffice:smarttags" />Springfield and Junction City, when I get the time I also like the one in Roseburg (but it is more for pre 48 cars). I should have all the bugs worked out over this winter. My car is far from show quality but it is fun to cruse.

Thumbs up Oregon Cougar Club

Hey,
    I want to join your club, I've been looking for a local club for a while.
    Keep me informed, let me know what you come up with.
    Jim
    Hidden Content 69 COUGAR CONVERTABLE ELIMINATOR REPLICA W/ACHidden Content
    95 4WD SUBURBAN
    2007 HARBOR FREIGHT TOOLS RED WAGON
    2003 Altima 3.5 v-6 5spd [wife's car]
    2009 Kenworth conventional 3 axle, day cab, 450HP
    1975 FORD F-100 4WD PU

Hey, look at that... We're up to 6 of us now. I know the timing is kind of bad right now, as we head into the long stretch of rain and early darkness, but even if we keep it informal for now, I will gladly volunteer my time for some planning/organizing to get us all together to meet and go for a cruise or something like that in the spring. It's not that I won't drive mine in the rain, but I think we'd definitely all have a more enjoyable time if we get together on a nice day. As for location, it looks like we have some of us up here near the portland area (Milwaukie and Scappoose), and some a little further south in Salem and Silverton, so that doesn't seem like too much ground to cover for everyone to meet up somewhere. I would definitely like to take Mmmeat up on the offer to come out to his place, or maybe even a field trip to Don and Lin's - a real educational experience!

Anyway, thanks for the response so far guys, and hopefully more of the Oregon Cougar owners will see this thread and chime in with an interest too.

OK, who's Cat is this??!

Nice!

Saw this at an All Ford show and swap meet this Summer, for the life of me can't remember what town.., along with about 6 other cats..trying to load up pics now.
    Brian Aust
    Silverton, OR

67 GT XR-7 4 Speed Inverness Green/Black AM, Tinted, 3.25 Posi, Tilt-Away, Vinyl Top, Wire Spokes, Front Bumper Guards, 48K miles

For your High Quality vinyl Classic Running Cat, "Mercury" and "Cougar" Script decal needs..hit me up!

That belongs to Dick Donahoo. He lives in the Portland area and has been a member of the Cascade Cougar Club for many moons. Absolutely beautiful car in a great color combination!
    Jeff Bingaman
    Hidden Content

1970 Standard Sunroof
    1956 Ford F100
    1960 Dodge Phoenix (My 1st car)
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    2017 F150 Platinum

Hidden Content

I agree - very nice. Hey Brian, was that at the Ford day at Woodburn dragstrip? I wasn't able to make it to that event.

No, it was at Hillsboro Airport, I just remembered..

And guess what? I did go to the Woodburn Dragstrip show and got my first ever trophy! Woot.

I won't talk about how big the '67-'68 Cougar Class was
    Brian Aust
    Silverton, OR

Hey, a trophy is a trophy no matter how much competition! No trophies for me yet, but then mine's a pretty low-budget effort anyway, so I'm not too surprised. Looks like I'm going to be doing new seat upholstery over the winter though, so I'm excited about that!

P.S. - Go Tigers!

Mine is not a show car either yet it is still fun to drive and still gets looks. Can you imagine a group of Cougars cruzin down the road on a bright sunny day! Just about makes the winter months bearable with something like that to look forward to. Guess I should get to work on it!
    Hidden Content 68 Standard Cat 302 AT

Cool no show car either

Mine has 2 primered fenders right now, engine on the stand, and AOD waiting to go back in along with some 3.89 gears under the work bench.
    The interior looks good though!
    Hidden Content 69 COUGAR CONVERTABLE ELIMINATOR REPLICA W/ACHidden Content
    95 4WD SUBURBAN
    2007 HARBOR FREIGHT TOOLS RED WAGON
    2003 Altima 3.5 v-6 5spd [wife's car]
    2009 Kenworth conventional 3 axle, day cab, 450HP
    1975 FORD F-100 4WD PU

16. I might be able to work something like this into my schedule. The spring and summer are really busy for me with the baseball season though. Sounds like a cool idea.

Chad

Thread Information