Car ads?

Thread: Car ads?

Car ads?

Thinking about wrapping my Cougar with my business info on the side. Anyone tried this? Did it do anything?

Re: Car ads?

Yeah, tried ads on the side of my truck. Wouldn't do that to a Cougar though. I feel like it got some calls, but I can't be sure it was from that.

Quote Originally Posted by lvand View Post
    Yeah, tried ads on the side of my truck. Wouldn't do that to a Cougar though. I feel like it got some calls, but I can't be sure it was from that.
    What did you have done? I kind of want to change the color and throw ads on.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MercuryCougar.net
    Advertisements

Mine is white, so I didn't mess with the color. Just had them put the business logo, name, services, phone, and website on the side.

I was looking at wrap shops in the area trying to figure out who to go with, but there's a million of these guys. Looks like Apex Customs, AZ Car Wraps, and Phoenix Auto are the top 3 close by (based on two hours of scouring the internet ). AZ's got a page talking about all these stats which is what got me thinking about the business side instead of just changing the color. Like this: "...Driving 10,000 miles in 1 service vehicle exposes you to 6 million people per year."

I did get a call one time from a guy sitting behind me at a light. I don't know about 6 million views a year though. That seems like a lot. Did they list a source for this "research"? Definitely leaving that in quotes until I see where that number came from. Lol

Pretty sure that one was on their homepage - carwrapaz.com. I think they had some stats on the commercial page too. Apex had something similar I think for a few of them at least, just not the 6 million views one. That would be 600 views a mile.

That's what I'm saying...

Really wish you wouldn't wrap your Cougar though. I feel like that's a sin, even if it does drum up a little business.

Quote Originally Posted by lvand View Post
    That's what I'm saying...

Really wish you wouldn't wrap your Cougar though. I feel like that's a sin, even if it does drum up a little business.
    I could use my Toyota I guess lol

Better plan. Oh and you can track who calls - just ask how they know you.

A few years back there was a business near me in Acworth, GA that did wrap their '68 Cougar with their business design and info... It was well done as far as the job itself, but every time I saw that poor car I thought it was tacky that someone turned their beautiful classic into a rolling advertisement. I cringed every time I saw it. And I think you're likely to get more calls asking about the car itself than business calls.

Unless you're using it solely as your work vehicle, which doesn't seem likely, I wouldn't do it personally!
    -'70 Eliminator Project

Thread Information