Anybody use a rotisserie?

Thread: Anybody use a rotisserie?

Anybody use a rotisserie?

Good evening all. I am working on my brothers cougar, and I decided he needed to buy me a rotisserie for the car. I am too old, fat and lazy to be crawling underneath the car from hell for free so I can weld in and finish the repairs.
    That being said....for the life of me I cannot get the rotisserie to rotate the car. Now I may not be the brightest bulb in the socket but I can get the car to get to a 10:30-4:30 position with difficulty, but getting it to 12-6 ain’t gonna happen. So here’s the question.....
    Anyone who has a cougar in a rotisserie, can you tell me how high you have each end as well as the approximate location of your center swivel?
    The reason I ask is....the manufacturer of the rotisserie said that the back end of the car needs to be 9-12 inches higher in the back. He said I need to imagine a laser line running from the front to the back of the car with the imagined laser going thru the center pivot hole. Then he said it has to be high enough so that the imaginary laser would be running thru the trans tunnel. In other words, using the acme screws at both ends, not the rams, I need to raise this shell fairly high.
    So if anyone can shed any light on this it would be greatly appreciated!
    Thansk in advance

Re: Anybody use a rotisserie?

Thanks for the link but that doesn’t address the questions I had asked. Again, maybe someone out there in cougar land has used a rotisserie!

4. Remove Advertisements
    MercuryCougar.net
    Advertisements

I guess i thought just by looking at the pictures you could see the approximate heights and how the brackets are offset.

Quote Originally Posted by earll View Post
    Thanks for the link but that doesn’t address the questions I had asked. Again, maybe someone out there in cougar land has used a rotisserie!
    I built my own from $50 in lumber and bolts:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2iUnXnpj_A

I saved the plans I created in Sketchup (still free software I think) you can download the file here:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SN...oFX-15amKCtPKT

I've got mine on a rotisserie, I think the pivots are "roughly" in line with the gas filler hole at the back, and maybe slightly above the center of the radiator. The shell is bare, and I can rotate it anywhere and it stays without being locked. I can't quite do a 360 it's not quite high enough (but only by a couple inches), I could if I raised it, but I haven't needed to go farther yet. I attached a picture, hopefully it helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181219_155210.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	101939  

Thread Information