where to purchase door plunger button switch for interior lamp 1968 289, stick

Thread: where to purchase door plunger button switch for interior lamp 1968 289, stick

where to purchase door plunger button switch for interior lamp 1968 289, stick

Hello
    Q:where to purchase a pass front door, interior light plunger (switch). read on if you want

Of course the car was parked front in, no room to try and jump the battery, so I had to push the car out the garage, huffing and puffing

Didnt' notice the bad switch until after buying another battery and the interior low light was on with doors closed!
    The plastic housing cracked around the switch, the toggle was lopsided, didn't function as required and the door did not "kill" the interior light, leading to a dead as door nail, battery.
    another goof up, always in a hurry; hotter than hell today, even in VT, so a dead battery. real dead, cleaned all wiring components with sandpaper, tried to charge with decent Sears charger, finally succumbed and bought another battery 2yr @ $140, at least got a vet discount. TEch @ OReilly showed my old battery at 5 amp, of course it was run down, the lamp was on and I didn't notice it. Being a 2 yr. with only 3 months remaining, I figured, oh well.

Installed: start right up, but noticed now, what I hadn't noticed earlier due to the extreme sunlight> lower interior lamp lit even with both doors closed. noticed the bent, broken switch and so, another Rube Goldberg fix, gorilla tape the pass door button switch squashed it in the door channel, slammed door, and problem solved. For now.

Would like to locate that switch somewhere?
    thanks for any help,

Re: where to purchase door plunger button switch for interior lamp 1968 289, stick

John's Classic Cougars
    West Coast Classic Cougars
    Good place to start
    Randy Feuillerat

1967 XR7-GT 390 S code
    1968 XR7 390 X code
    1968 XR7-G 302-2V
    1970 XR7 Convt. 351-2V
    1970 Eliminator 351-4V 4 speed

Re: where to purchase door plunger button switch for interior lamp 1968 289, stick

above are great

also National Parts Depot is another option

4. Remove Advertisements
    MercuryCougar.net
    Advertisements

thanks, located a pair from WCC.

Thread Information