Mercury Cougar Owners banner

Secondary Fuse/relay box

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  ndtorque 
#1 ·
I am upgrading to a 3G alternator but would like to incorporate a new fuse/relay box in the mix. I was thinking mainly, headlights, fuel injection, fuel pump, Radio, maybe head light cover actuators as future projects. Does anyone had any pictures of their setup? I figure some one has something cleaner than a big box fastened to the wheel well like my pickup has. I have the parts but may get a head light relay setup before I start.

Many Thanks

Kevin

#2 ·
Well I test fit everything for the alternator upgrade. Had to shave a little off the ribs on the cover, no big deal. PAPerformance kit swapped out the regulator. Both the old alternator and regulator cheap stuff so good reddens. Still I go back and there is no room for the mega fuse or a secondary fusebox. Then it hits me, the battery would be more at home in my tractor. They cut the side out of the battery tray and the battery is extending 3 inches past the tray. Nothing is going to fit right with that monster in there. So I will pull the battery and mock up mounts for everything. Hopefully no surprises.

Its never the upgrade its the things you find when doing the upgrade.

#3 ·
The headlight harness came in last night. I laid it out and it looks like everything should reach. So I am hoping that I can get it in this weekend after I finish the alternator. It is going to be raining so I should have the time. But there will be no test drive with BLU having a bad cowl.

#4 ·
Wrong it does not reach. I will have to get some wires replaced. Still a bargain at three times the price. I did finish the alternator up and is functions great. And we had a gully washer, great view from the garage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.