70 Eliminator trifecta

Thread: 70 Eliminator trifecta

Blog Entries

Re: 70 Eliminator trifecta

Holy cats! look at that price tag! For a 351 / Auto, no less!

Some discussions on this one on FB:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Merc...6030398133182/
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/4732...3359884712473/
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/merc...8448254510680/

Ok, this listing bothers my sense of honesty more than a little.

"This incredible Competition Blue Eliminator is powered by her original numbers matching 351 and 4 speed standard transmission. It just got done with its extensive frame off restoration and no expense was spared in the build which shows in the attention to detail and quality of restoration. Eliminator's are becoming increasingly harder to find and the market is abound with clones. This is a real deal, numbers matching , all original, freshly restore Eliminator."

This was originally a 3-speed car. So how can it possess an "original numbers matching 351 and 4-speed transmission"?? I would check the block VIN stamp as well.

It was restored to the current condition prior to 2006 (that's as far back as my history file goes).
    How can they say "it just got done with it's extensive frame off restoration"?? Sure, it probably looks fresh ~ it's been in collections for the past 10 years and probably hasn't driven more than 100 miles.

Prior to Little C's ownership it was in the Lingenfelter collection.
    http://www.thelingenfeltercollection...ar-eliminator/

Jan 2013 it was Lot#F223 at Mecum Kissimmee.
    https://www.mecum.com/lot-detail/FL0...nator/4-Speed/

2012 listed on eBay out of Los Angeles, CA using pics from a previous dealer listing from approx 2006.

2007 RM Auctions - Fort Lauderdale, FL
    http://www.americancarcollector.com/...y-cougar_44311
    Sold: $44,280

This car was originally equipped with a white standard interior, but now has a mix of decor door panels and standard seat covers.
    How can they claim "attention to detail and quality of restoration"?

Don't get me wrong, they are all beautiful cars - I'm not badmouthing the cars themselves. But holy cow, I would hate to see anyone pay $115k for a 351/auto Eliminator in any color! Or $65k for one that is not what the seller claims it is.
    Last edited by Mike_B_SVT; March 4th, 2016 at 07:47 PM.
    ~ Mike B.

2003 Mustang Cobra Convertible
    Sonic Blue 1 of 354

1970 Cougar Eliminator (Competition Gold / Black Decor Interior)
    1 of 70 with 428SCJ, Ram Air, 4-speed.Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Looking for an Eliminator? Then be sure to check out the "Eliminators on the Market" thread in the Hidden Content section of the forum!

Hey Mike, Was the Comp Green 70 previously owned by someone in Indiana? A guy (who's name escapes me now) brought an identical 351 / AT, Houndstooth Eliminator to the Fairmount, James Dean Memorial car show for about 3 years in a row, and marketed the Cougar for sale. Same guy had a Dk. Green XR7-G for sale too. Haven't seen him or neither one of the Cougars for a few years... so, he might have moved them along. Just curious.
    Last edited by katnip302; March 6th, 2016 at 01:16 AM. Reason: corrected mispelled word

4. Remove Advertisements
    MercuryCougar.net
    Advertisements

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by katnip302 View Post
    Hey Mike, Was the Comp Green 70 previously owned by someone in Indiana? A guy (who's name escapes me now) brought an identical 351 / AT, Houndstooth Eliminator to the Fairmount, James Dean Memorial car show for about 3 years in a row, and marketed the Cougar for sale. Same guy had a Dk. Green XR7-G for sale too. Haven't seen him or neither one of the Cougars for a few years... so, he might have moved them along. Just curious.

I never got the VIN for the one from Indiana. It was listed on Cars On Line around 2010-ish, from Kendalville, IN, by "Gary" for $32.5k.

I THINK they are the same car, but I don't know that for sure without the VIN from the previous listing (or someone who can confirm in some way).
    There are enough differences between the pics I have of the Indiana car and the Little C's car that I can't say they are the same ~ which is understandable, since Little C's had the green car completely stripped, so they definitely put some work into it.
    Last edited by Mike_B_SVT; March 5th, 2016 at 02:32 PM.
    ~ Mike B.

Sonic Blue 1 of 354

Hidden Content

Looking for an Eliminator? Then be sure to check out the "Eliminators on the Market" thread in the Hidden Content section of the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_B_SVT View Post
    I never got the VIN for the one from Indiana. It was listed on Cars On Line around 2010-ish, from Kendalville, IN, by "Gary" for $32.5k.

I THINK they are the same car, but I don't know that for sure without the VIN from the previous listing (or someone who can confirm in some way).
    There are enough differences between the pics I have of the Indiana car and the Little C's car that I can't say they are the same ~ which is understandable, since Little C's had the green car completely stripped, so they definitely put some work into it.
    Hi Mike. Yep, Kendalville, IN. And, "Gary" was the owner. LOL x 2 that I couldn't remember his name... guess the memory starts slipping after 50. I think that it's the same car also, and never thought to get the VIN cause I assumed that it was already in the registry.
    Last edited by katnip302; March 6th, 2016 at 01:15 AM. Reason: corrected mispelled word

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by katnip302 View Post
    Hi Mike. Yep, Kendalville, IN. And, "Gary" was the owner. LOL x 2 that I couldn't remember his name... guess the memory starts slipping after 50. I think that it's the same care also, and never thought to get the VIN cause I assumed that it was already in the registry.

I do have an old contact number for Gary. Might be worth making a call and seeing what he might have to say about his old car. Hopefully clarify it a bit, and be able to add a VIN to that file.
    ~ Mike B.

Sonic Blue 1 of 354

Hidden Content

The comp green car was added to the registry in 2007. At that time it was in Leesburg, OH. There were no other updates to it.
    Dave

Eliminator Registrar Hidden Content

CCOA # 7558
    CCNE # 08

70 Convertible 351C 4V Close ratio
    70 Cyclone Spoiler 429 SCJ 4 speed Drag Pak
    70 Eliminator B302 4V Wide ratio Super Drag Pak Cat
    [I]70 Eliminator B302 4V Close ratio Survivor[I]
    70 Eliminator 428 SCJ 4 speed Drag Pak
    85 Capri ASC McClaren 5.0 5 speed

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 70B302Cat View Post
    The comp green car was added to the registry in 2007. At that time it was in Leesburg, OH. There were no other updates to it.

Thanks Dave!
    ~ Mike B.

Sonic Blue 1 of 354

Hidden Content

Thread Information