Mercury Cougar Owners banner

Optional Shelby 10 spoke 14" wheels for a 1968 Cat

7K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Bad69cat 
#1 ·
Does anyone out there have a picture of a 67 or 68 Cat with the Shelby 10 spoke wheels. I can't seem to find one that shows how it really looks on a Cougar. I believe this was a option ("How to Sharpen a Cougar's Claw's) in 1967 from Shelby American. These wheels look the same as 66 Shelby wheels except they have the walking Cougar in the center caps.

Thanks!

Steve

#3 ·
Where is the Like button?

#4 ·
Yeah - wish we had one..... I think those would look even better if they were 16 or 17's and a lower profile tire for a more modern look/stance.

#7 ·
Need to put the engine back in that Cat.....

#8 ·
Thanks for the post with picture! Looks awesome. I just could not find anything doing a google search. I see that Vintage makes 15 16 or 17 inch replica's that would look better than the original 14 inch wheels. I may be leaning towards the 16 x 8 with 225/50R tires all around.

Steve

#14 ·
Awesome Steve! I think you get a better selection of tires in the 16 and 17 sizes anyway..... I will think about these for mine as well. I like the fact you don't see them as often.

#10 ·
A great looking wheel but a five spoke design looks moch better, imo.

#11 ·
Just a little historical aside - the "How To Sharpen A Cougar's Claws" brochure came out in 1967, and those Shelby "Ten Spokes" were an option on '67 Shelby Mustangs, but they wouldn't clear the disc brakes on '68 Shelby's so virtually all 1968 Shelby Mustangs came with hubcaps.

So the wheels in the HTSACC brochure wouldn't have fit a '68 Cougar with disc brakes either.

- Phillip

#13 ·
What a ripoff! $85 for some stickers made in the 1990's!!!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.