Classic Cougar Forums - Recent Blogs Posts - Blogs
View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. POWER STEERING PUMP FUILD or TRANSMISSION FUILD F- TYPE

Looking for some help with what is the Best power steering fuild to use.
    Some say use a F Type Transmission fuid is best not to use a clear POWER STEERING PUMP FLUILD.
    They say it is thicker to use F type. Is this still the best way to go with all the new stuff out there. It is for my 1970 Cougar 428 SCJ just got a nos pump HBA-BR and pulley 80B .. Thanks
    Tags: 1'", 1 Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. I am back.......

It has been a very long time since I logged into the MC.net site. I like the changes and decided to try out the BLOG. Over time I will bring y'all up to date on my projects and life in general. The most prevalent Cougar related news from me is my resignation from the COCOA board of directors. Although it was a life dream come true to have a chance to serve the community I love so much, my health issues made it impossible to contribute. Hopefully when I am up and around again and if there is another ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Power steering pump

Hello, Looking for some help.

I have a 1970 Cougar 428 the PSP is marked HBA-BR 111 F 70 C 2 B don't now how to read date code understand HBA-BR if any one can translate date code?
    Casting number has the same numbers as a nos 1970 PSP i looked at beleave its 08AB 30600A and stamped in it is 7 1 2 B I have the same casting numbers...

BUT my housing has a ring around it like 68 69 not smooth like a 70 ?
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]30619[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]30620[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]30621[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]30622[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]30623[/ATTACH] ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 002.jpg 
Views:	1007 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	30619   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 007.jpg 
Views:	964 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	30620   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 009.jpg 
Views:	932 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	30621   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 011.jpg 
Views:	805 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	30622   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 005.jpg 
Views:	2327 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	30623  

4. I'm a little confused about this article

State Farm built a Camaro with 2 halves. The article says one side is a shoddy restoration and the other is correct. I looked at the pictures, and although one side isn't original, it still looks nice enough...

[URL]http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/slideshow/2012/07/18/state-farm-two-for-one-168-chevrolet-camaro/?intcmp=features#slide=1[/URL]
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Eliminators on the Market (July 2012)

[QUOTE=Mike_B_SVT;506804]Been a busy few weeks for me, but I'm making some time to get this updated. Doesn't seem to be much "new" on the market right now, so I wasn't in a hurry.

These listings are combed from popular sites ([URL="https://www.mercurycougar.net/forums/showthread.php?59904-Eliminators-on-the-Market-(May-2012)#"][COLOR=darkgreen]CraigsList[/COLOR][/URL], eBay, Hemmings, CarsOnLine, Kijiji, and others). As always, if you know of an Eliminator for sale ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 69 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast