Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1973 Cougar XR7 - The Project has begun!

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  73XR-7owner 
#1 ·
Well I have just joined the happy ranks of Cougar owners. I just purchsaed an Arizona only 1973 Mercury Cougar XR-7. The car has 175,000 miles on the original engine. I am going to start with the interior and work my way out. The car has very minor rust, (under the lip of the trunk.) I should start the interior in the next couple of weeks as I proccur some pieces. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My overall theme is to make it a 1973 Mercury Cougar Eliminator. Any one know of any existing or completed projects. Thanks, Michael

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
ahh, medium aqua...

that's a dead ringer for the one i am about to buy. it's also like the one i owned in '73.

#5 ·
#6 ·
MMMMMMMMMMaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!

They should of made one of those!!!!!

Looks great, Tim

Don:D :D :D :D :D

#7 ·
hey, crewzer...

how's the project coming???

#8 ·
Well the project is going slow. I have got most of the planning done. I picked up a set of Cragar SS rims and tires and the chrome side pipes. I am beginning to concentrate on the interior. I am hoping to get the carpet and seats done by the end of March (I am just a poor man)I picked up a nice Grant steering wheel. I am still looking for the rear plastic panels and a front RH turn signal cover. I am accepting all cash and parts donations from any one willing to help a fellow Cougar brother out. Hey can't hurt to ask:D

#9 ·
crewzer...

i don't know what else you need, but the guy i bought my 73 from is putting a bunch of parts up on ebay this week. he has a dash pad and front bumper rubbers among other things.

his email is waremark@aol.com but i don't know if he uses that as his ebay nick or not. he's a great Cougar person and one of the Connecticut CC advisors, very dependable, very honest, TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE (<--- disclaimer...)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.