bad attitude at theclassiccougarnetwork.com [Archive] - Classic Cougar Forums

: bad attitude at theclassiccougarnetwork.com

vfret
August 23rd, 2001, 09:48 PM
Steve, This ones for you!!!
I just wanted to tell all about the very bad attitude I had received at www.theclassiccougarnetwork.com. I sent an e-mail telling them that I thought a membership fee was redicoulouse in as many words. The response from Steve Eitzen was, and I quote "What makes you think we have the slightest interest in your opinion?" So I emailed him back to let him know That I was going to let my buddies in on how they respond to people from their web site. His next response was much longer and threatened me with a slander law suit. It's obvious that the recent good economy has allowed companys like this one to throw decent representation and customer respect out the window.

badcat427
August 23rd, 2001, 10:21 PM
Why do you think a membership fee is out of line? Would you like to pay to keep that site up? There is a lot of information available to anyone that has access to it.I think it is great and I am happy to have a membership. If you don't want to join you don't have to, but why complain. I don't have an American Express card because they charge a membership fee , but I wouldn't think about writing them and complaining. Personaly I think Steve and Gary are doing the Cougar community a great service, and should be commended, not ridiculed.

ChadInman
August 23rd, 2001, 11:22 PM
Well I would like it if the TCCN was free, but sometimes you got to do - what you got to do. If they have to charge then so be it. It's also why I'm here and not there. The way I understand it is that they used to be free but in order to keep things going they had to start charging people. I pay for my NCCC membership, but I don't have money to join too many groups and clubs, and like i said that's why I'm here. - Chad

ChadInman
August 23rd, 2001, 11:34 PM
A lot of people here are members of TCCN, so it's not too good of an idea to ruffle any feathers, being that these forums are a great privilege for us. After all the camaraderie between classic Cougar owners, [and all classic car owners as a matter of fact] is in my opinion, one of the best things about being a classic cat owner and driver. Getting the thumbs up from the driver in another classic car is one of the best feelings in the world, it really makes your day - the same is true here as well. - Chad - (sorry for the two posts in a row)

vfret
August 24th, 2001, 12:41 AM
I can't argue the good they do. Weather or not they provide the cougar industry a great deal of resource is not the point. Perhaps I could have changed my attitude about the value of their services in time. I was just unhappy with the the gentlemans rudeness in his response. Sorry if I upset anyone.

Logan
August 24th, 2001, 07:29 AM
In my mind, given the invaluable information that I've gleaned from theclassiccougarnetwork over the past year or so makes it worth more than the $12 they charge. Running a site, especially one with dynamic and meaningful content costs money, it's that simple.

Mercurycougar.net supports and applauds The Classic Cougar Network for their broad range of content and useful information.

If you don't want to pay $12 for the information, you don't have to. You can always hang out here and get answers for free. :D

That being said, I won't allow mercurycougar.net to become a soapbox for trashing people or other Cougar sites, good or bad.

This conversation is over.