McDonalds Lawsuit [Archive] - Classic Cougar Forums

: McDonalds Lawsuit

72cat
November 26th, 2002, 04:13 PM
I cannot believe what I am watching on the news, are you seriously telling me that some obese kids are sueing McDonalds cos' they are fat. Only in America..

greggieatthebat
November 26th, 2002, 04:51 PM
Some fat guy started it. He said "He knew it wasn't healthy, but he didn't know it was THAT bad..." It's not like the Marlboro Man set down his cigarette and picked up a Big Mac! ("Only real men eat Big Macs.")

TheRktmn
November 26th, 2002, 04:53 PM
As Dean Wormer(sp) said in Animal House: "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."
Sounds to me like that crew has 2 out of 3 so far...

ZeroTolerance
November 26th, 2002, 07:07 PM
So now the fat kids that get picked on will get teased about being stupid, too...who will they sue for their mental trauma when they reach adulthood?

Providing they don't have heart attacks first...

bowl
November 26th, 2002, 07:17 PM
A lot of people here want to make others responsable for thier own screwups. Dang lawyers and insurance companies, and i guess some doctors too. its a racket I tell ya. a racket.

ZeroTolerance
November 26th, 2002, 07:45 PM
Everythings a racket, man. I thought you knew that.

sixt9coug
November 26th, 2002, 07:50 PM
screw McDonalds... i want a Big Mike's burger... mmmm... an inch and a half thick meat patty... two slices of cheese.... two hot links under the meat patty... fries.... drink... cant eat the whole burger before it falls apart with grease soggyness.... oh yeah.. a mans burger. oh, i think there are a few shreds of lettuce in there somewhere too. and its only $5 for the fries burger and a drink :) and im also a good 245 lbs now... lol. nor do i care or plan to sue

texrep
November 26th, 2002, 08:51 PM
Help.... I'm adicted to 1/4 pounder with cheese!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somebody save me

I'LL SUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! some peoples kids!!!!
Don

ZeroTolerance
November 26th, 2002, 08:56 PM
Yech. I'm not so sure I could get addicted now, anyway. Their fries suck, they changed something in the burgers...used to taste decent to me, anyway. Not now...

I haven't been in a fast-food joint in months. I'm chubby from my wife's cooking (overfeeding, I love it)! Hmmm...could I sue her?

Ridiculous. Utterly.

TheRktmn
November 27th, 2002, 07:00 AM
Well, I spend entirely too much time sitting here reading posts and searching for Cougar stuff. This must be the reason for my over 40 "love handles". I think I'll sue my boss for not making me work harder!
Sheesh. What ever happened to that law that banned frivilous lawsuits?

greggieatthebat
November 27th, 2002, 12:28 PM
texrep- go to In-N-Out and get a double-double or even a cheeseburger, you'll never eat McDonald's again. It's barely more than a Big Mac (I think it's a buck-fifty for the cheeseburger, $2.30 for a double double) and WELL worth it. Get the fries well-done (extra crispy) and MMMM I'm getting hungry now.

swamper
November 27th, 2002, 01:48 PM
If I don't eat anything, for about a week I loose some weight.
If I eat just alittle, I stay the same.
If I eat all I want, here comes the hippo.

And who made me eat all I wanted. DUH

72cat
November 27th, 2002, 02:11 PM
The only thing I like about McDonald's here is their chocolate milkshakes. On a really windy day, which is just about every day, we go down to McD's, get a milkshake, then go to the airport, we can park almost right by the runway, about 15 yards away, [with a fence inbetween] and we watch the planes land in the wind, okay, I know, we don't have much of a life, each to his own.

ZeroTolerance
November 27th, 2002, 02:13 PM
Greggie -

From what I've heard, apparently In-N-Out is one of the better fast food places to eat, if you have to. Their grease is less greasy, I guess. I found that interesting.

bowl
November 27th, 2002, 02:20 PM
I have not eaten at McDonald's in years. Im spoiled by this Maw & Paw burger joint "Charlies Hamberger Joint". serious munchies man.
bigger pants are still a lot cheaper than stacker2.

greggieatthebat
November 27th, 2002, 02:23 PM
The coolest thing about In-N-Out is that EVERYTHING is fresh. No frozen patties, the french fries are whole potatoes right up until they cut and immediately fried... it takes a bit longer than McD's or BK, but not much, and it's worth the wait. Mrs. and I have been watching $'s lately, and we ate there for 5.34 the other day (one cheeseburger, one grilled cheese - burger without patty - shared one order of fries, and one soda cause we had some at home). We were both satisfied, it tasted great, and it was cheap!

sixt9coug
November 27th, 2002, 10:29 PM
ive got an In n Out a block away but ill still drive the 2 miles to go to Big Mikes... cant eat there more than once a month or so.. not sure if my body can take it lol.

TheRktmn
November 28th, 2002, 07:01 AM
I don't know, guys. I have a little trouble with a burger joint called in and out. :1poke:
I get visions of tables with little commodes for seats :klo: and little outhouses for booths. :lol2: