No buyers for Cougar [Archive] - Classic Cougar Forums

: No buyers for Cougar

gatorphan
November 10th, 2002, 09:47 AM
I've had my 71 Cougar for sale for about 10 days. It's in the local paper and on Autotraderonline. I've received 2 calls!! It's funny because whenever I drove it I'd always have people want to look at the car and they'd saw nice car and ask if it's for sale. Now when I want to sell it I can't find any takers. Oh well...looks like I'll have to take a loss on it. Someday I'll get another.

Cougar Kitty
November 10th, 2002, 11:48 AM
Why sell it? Wish I had the money. How much are you asking for it?

gatorphan
November 10th, 2002, 12:13 PM
I'm forced to sell it Kitty. I'm down to $2900. I sold a rust bucket 4 Door Chevelle with over 100,000 miles for more than that just this year. Go figure lol. There's a Show nearby this weekend. I may take it there. I'm thinking I'll drive it as much as possible with the FOR SALE signs in the window. That should get someone's attention. Somebody is going to get a great deal.

Cougar Kitty
November 10th, 2002, 12:23 PM
hope you get close to what you need $ wise. Would you get another 70+?

Tim B
November 10th, 2002, 12:53 PM
10 days? That's not very long. Collectible cars take longer to sell sometimes. They aren't "liquid" investments (other than gas and oil LOL). It's the right buyer at the right time. It could take a day or it could take three months.

Even newer used cars take longer because of the 0% interest rates on new cars. I have a 94 SHO for sale btw.

Tim Brandsoy
http://members.aol.com/timbrands/index.html

dark7068
November 10th, 2002, 10:12 PM
Just cruize around and then if someone asks if its for sale, say "maybe" or, "could be" or something along those lines. Don't seem to anxious to sell it, or you will loose. Have a bottom dollar in your head then go higher (of course) and let them talk you down. I did that with one of my cars. I had it for sale in the local paper for 2 months. Decided I should keep it, insured it, and drove it LOTS. One guy came up to me and ask if Id consider selling it, I said if the offer is reasonable, anything is for sale :D and walked away. He got me a few days later at the gas station, and wanted to look at it, and bought it on the spot for $300. more then I had it in the paper. :D It wasnt the way i wanted to sell it, but I sold it and he drove me home. The insurance place was across the street, so I moved the car, and he took the papers and got plates while I cleaned it out.

Just like with women, you have a girlfriend, they ALL notice you, but when your single, they dont want you :D Or is that just me:rolleyes:

swamper
November 10th, 2002, 11:59 PM
Take your time, the economy is a little slow. It will sell.