Misinformation... [Archive] - Classic Cougar Forums

: Misinformation...

sixt9coug
November 10th, 2002, 12:36 AM
hmm was reading through this months Issue of Car Craft and they had the 101 Things You Must Know About Mucsle Cars. # 30 something was " Cougar Eliminator " with a caption along these lines -- " The Cougar Eliminator was inspired by the Boss 302 Mustangs. It was also run in the Trans Am Series through the 1969 and 1970 seasons " hmmm. ok well.. besides the fact that they were raced in 67 and 68 only.. isnt some recognition better than none?? even though they just compare the Cougar to the Stang?? hmm. the XR7-G also made it on the list. ... so well, thats something i guess...

LiLWrink
November 11th, 2002, 09:37 AM
I would have thought that someone from the publisher would have his shortcut on his laptop to the sites that have all the right info for the cars in question...
Someone like Royce, forexample, could be a great spokesman for the CCOA, or something, who these people could call for facts and figures in thier articles.
Or better yet maybe they could offer to pay someone like Royce to insert the correct info into the articles.
I know the columnist have way to many cars to keep up with every one of them, but this is easy with the advent of the computer.
What do Y'all think? Or am I just a hardcase?:D
wrink

skrappy
November 11th, 2002, 09:52 AM
i thought that the eliminator was only produced in 69-70, so how could it have been raced in 67-68?

jimk351c
November 11th, 2002, 10:22 AM
The Eliminator was a 69/70 only option. The Cougars raced in 1967 were standard Cougars race prepared by Bud Moore for the Trans AM racing series. He later took some of these cars and created some new ones that were used in the Baby Grand series in 1968. The Eliminator was not based on the BOSS 302, however there was a BOSS 302 Eliminator option package. Check out the Cougars 101 section of the CCOA web site for futher details: http://www.cougarclub.org/

skrappy
November 11th, 2002, 02:27 PM
thats what i thought jim...i guess that it was just worded strangely in the first post...