any update on the stickers [Archive] - Classic Cougar Forums

: any update on the stickers

dark7068
October 20th, 2002, 10:32 PM
Chris, any idea when your going to be mailing out the stickers. :rolleyes:

cmpcpro
October 20th, 2002, 10:48 PM
Hopefully Monday, or Tuesday, the guy made them, it's just a matter of picking them up... With my foot I can't make it to the middle of the mall... but my friend is coming back Tuesday morning and said he would run down there. But I am going to ask a family member to go down there sooner. I need to mail out some bills too, and, I don't have many people who can help me... It just had to be my driving foot....

I'm sorry to everyone who hasn't received stickers yet, most of you have, but as you guys know, I have broken my ankle. I have nobody to help me throughout the day, and can't make it down there as soon as I want to.

I am trying my hardest, and like I said, I am not making ANY money off of this, and I am even mailing them for free, and all of the stickers being given to donator's of the site are being paid for by me. I am doing this because I love this site, and it's members, but if anyone doesn't want to wait for the stickers, which is very understandable, just tell me and I will refund all of your money.

Like I said, the rest should be out by Monday or Tuesday, and I am very sorry I couldn't get them out sooner.

dark7068
October 20th, 2002, 10:50 PM
just checking. Im sending one to Dayle and Stephen (72cat) with some emblems, just wandering when to expect them. Thanx
Rick

cmpcpro
October 20th, 2002, 10:59 PM
Not a problem, like I said above (Edited my post) I am trying my hardest, and they will be out ASAP.

dark7068
October 20th, 2002, 11:05 PM
Dont worry about it Chris. If Dayle gets anxious for the emblems, I guess she just wont get a sticker. lol. :)

I'll be patient this time ;)

Rick

72cat
October 21st, 2002, 03:12 AM
Hey Hey Hey, I'm reading this, well I am impatient for the emblems, but......I can hold out for a sticker, don't stress Chris, we know you gotta bit of a problem.
Hi Rick, hows it going? Hope you are well on the way to recovery, guess you and Chris should swop "I'm going mad - stuck in the house" syndrome.

Logan
October 21st, 2002, 07:44 AM
No worries Chris... I'm thinking that people understand the dilemma and are more than happy to wait... :)

Cougrrcj
October 21st, 2002, 08:30 AM
Dayle, your Cougar script emblems will be on their way to you today. I have to go to the Post Office to send them overseas and all.

I'm sending three Cougar scripts (one for each fender, one for the trunklid), one XR-7 emblem for the decklid next to the Cougar script, and one (sorry, that's all I had) XR-7 round shield for the quarter panel pillar (behind the rear side glass) I'm assuming you don't want to drill any holes in your new paint, so I included some doubleface bodyman's emblem foam tape for you to use.

Ooops, did I say I was sending all that stuff to you? I meant to say Santa Claus will be delivering it to you in time for Christmas. Yeah, that's the ticket. Santa.

Merry Christmas from one Cougar enthusiast to another.

Milo

72cat
October 21st, 2002, 03:36 PM
Milo....aka....Santa, thanks, I appreciate it, hopefully my cougar will be fully 'clothed' in time for her Christmas picture. I am tired of people craning their necks to try and see what she is, its actually quite funny, we drive past, they speed up to about in line with the rear, then they slowly go past, then speed up and look backwards, and all the time you can see the searching look in their eyes. Having a "cougar' numberplate does not really help, if they have never heard of one, maybe they think we think we are real 'tigers'. I wore my Cougar t-shirt the other day when we were at the drags, so hopefully some folks were educated. I will be drilling holes for the badges......the reason why.........cos' snotty little brats like to collect badges, and nice rare ones will be a treasured prize, they use fishing gut, or a butter knife, to 'slice' them off. Unless they are bolted and superglued and attached to that part of the car that shoots out tons of volts they will not be safe, okay maybe not the volts part, but they are definitely not going to be easy to remove. I can just picture it now, little paws trying to steal them...........my friend had his camaro valve caps stolen at the drags the other day, and the car was constantly surrounded by people.

Cougrrcj
October 21st, 2002, 05:56 PM
Dayle,

There is also a Mercury script that goes on the left front of the hood.

You want to drill holes? OK, now we've got a problem...

The emblems I had shipped to you today were 'de-pinned' since some were broken off anyway. I affixed the doublefaced emblem tape to the backsides of all of them (you'll have to do the trimming with a razor knife) except the XR-7 wreath that goes on the quarter panel pillar. That one is held with two pins and I included the ferrules or 'barrel nuts' -- the things that hold them in place. Even the pinned ones come off easily. They don't have threads on the pins with nuts on the backside, they just push in to the nylon barrel nuts. Actually, the taped ones are harder to remove than the pinned ones! I even included a little roll of extra tape if you need it.

I included instructions of the location of where each emblem is supposed to go. If you have trouble figuring out my instructions, e-mail me!

Well, anyways, I hope you can use them!

Milo

72cat
October 21st, 2002, 06:17 PM
Okay, Stephen has just read this and he agrees with you [men] and thinks that sticking them on will be a better option, he is reluctant to drill holes, I am reluctant to have them stolen, but I do see your point, I was thinking of that funny LS grille emblem I have on the grille, its bolted on and they have put loctite or something on the bolts, if I ever wanted them off I would proberly have to cut them off. So will use the tape, thank you and also for the mercury script, she is going to look so good with all the correct badges, and a big thanks for the instructions, I was sitting here looking at photos and trying to figure it all out.
The tape they use here is proberly not as good as what you have there, I know they have a special one for rearview mirror, never worked on our sierra tho', the minute the glass got hot, the mirror fell off.............."yes officer, I do have the mirror.........hold on...........and I will get it out from under the seat."
As Stephen says we will never really park the car and just leave it somewhere, it will always be in sight so badges should be safe, and she gets parked in the [now cleared] garage at home.

We will definitely be able to use them, trust me on that one.

Cougrrcj
October 21st, 2002, 06:35 PM
Dayle,

Of course, when I was shipping them I had to fill out a Customs form. On the form I had to state the contents and the value. I stated the value of the emblems at $10.00, and that they were a gift. I hope that is OK.

Also, let me know when you get them. I'm curious as to the transit time.

Milo

72cat
October 22nd, 2002, 03:55 AM
Milo, thats fine, we have a similar problem sending stuff out here, I will let you know as soon as they arrive. Hopefully sending mail out of the USA won't be as slow [re checking for 'funny' things etc] as sending mail in.
Thanks again.

dark7068
October 28th, 2002, 01:28 AM
Chris, how's the foot doing. You hobbling around yet :)

Rick

Cougar Kitty
November 10th, 2002, 12:05 PM
What did I miss here?

cmpcpro
November 10th, 2002, 01:08 PM
Mercurycougar.net stickers! If you click the My Gallery button in my signature you can see a picture of them. I am selling them for $10 each (I am not making a penny, the guy who makes them is a little expensive).

Cougar Kitty
November 10th, 2002, 04:58 PM
I would like to get one!:p:

cmpcpro
November 10th, 2002, 07:40 PM
Okay, you can send payment via PayPal, or mail it to me. If you would like to send it via mail, please e-mail me.

70 Blue Cat
November 10th, 2002, 08:15 PM
Chris,
I would like to get a couple of stickers, do you need anything for shipping. I will pay with paypal.
Thanks Jerry

cmpcpro
November 10th, 2002, 09:17 PM
When you send payment via PayPal just send your address and thats all. Send money to: [email protected]

dark7068
November 10th, 2002, 09:32 PM
I might want a few more, but I'll wait until I get the first 3 I bought.

Rick

70 Blue Cat
November 11th, 2002, 01:56 PM
Chris,
Sent you paypal for 2 of them.
Thanks Jerry

cmpcpro
November 11th, 2002, 06:01 PM
Okay, didn't get the e-mail yet, which e-mail account did you send it to? Stickers will go out tomorrow.

70 Blue Cat
November 11th, 2002, 10:40 PM
Chris,
It was [email protected]
Jerry

cmpcpro
November 12th, 2002, 12:55 AM
Got it!

cmpcpro
November 12th, 2002, 12:10 PM
Okay guys, my last shipment of stickers are mailing out today. After this batch I am not going to accept anymore orders for the next three weeks. It's just too hard to do without use of my car (I tried, but I really can't drive safely with this boot on).

But as soon as it comes off, you guys can order away.

dark7068
November 12th, 2002, 02:10 PM
Get better soon, hop-a-long :)

Rick

cmpcpro
November 12th, 2002, 02:17 PM
lol :)

70 Blue Cat
November 24th, 2002, 12:11 AM
Chris
Got the stickers thanks Jerry

cmpcpro
November 24th, 2002, 12:15 AM
No problem, :)

72cat
November 24th, 2002, 09:40 AM
Hi Chris
Whats the update on your ankle?

cmpcpro
November 24th, 2002, 01:50 PM
Dec. 3rd is the date I get the boot off... that is if I haven't/don't mess my foot up again. It will be 8 weeks, so it better be healed :)

dark7068
November 24th, 2002, 01:53 PM
On the healing process, I wish you the best, and hope everything goes well. Keep us/me informed.

Rick

cmpcpro
November 24th, 2002, 01:54 PM
Thanks Rick, I sure will.

72cat
November 24th, 2002, 01:56 PM
You had better not mess that foot up again, walk like you are walking on hot coals or something.

Oh, yes, and good luck:)

greggieatthebat
November 24th, 2002, 04:58 PM
Keep getting better, and get back to Bob's! (I drove by this Friday, but I couldn't find parking even two blocks away...) If I have a real reason to stop, I will though! Has anyone else been to Bob's Big Boy in Burbank recently?

sixt9coug
November 24th, 2002, 05:12 PM
i havent been there in a while... been spending the last two weeks with a side job Jaguar.. its done now though :)

greggieatthebat
November 24th, 2002, 05:46 PM
Sharp! A good reason to miss out on cruise night, I guess... :)

Cougar Kitty
November 24th, 2002, 07:31 PM
One day I'll have a Jag like that.

72cat
November 25th, 2002, 05:25 PM
Meeee tooo! Seriously thinking about trading in the old mercedes for one, you can pick them up cheap here, for about $700 - $1500.

Cougar Kitty
November 26th, 2002, 01:24 PM
What year is that?

sixt9coug
November 26th, 2002, 08:02 PM
that Jag is a 1986 XJ6 i believe. i just did the paint and body on it... i was happy with it and so is the owner. nice car though. liked it while it was in my care.

greggieatthebat
November 27th, 2002, 11:17 AM
Hey Steve, getting paint to dry is just like drying a car after washing, right? Just take it out on the freeway, up to 100 mph, down to 60, back up and down a couple of times?

Ha!

sixt9coug
November 27th, 2002, 10:38 PM
lol dont steal my technique