Console Pad and Power Windows?? [Archive] - Classic Cougar Forums

: Console Pad and Power Windows??

July 19th, 2001, 09:59 AM
Any ideas on where I can get an excellent condition Console Pad for a 70 Cougar???

Also, thinking about switching over from manual to power windows during my restomod. Anyone ever done this and is it even possible??

I have a set of 4 power window motors, switches, wiring harness from a 72 Montego....would that work or is that a forget it question???


July 19th, 2001, 03:48 PM
Before my 70 cougar died, I was also prowling the web for and nice console (and pad too) and to keep things simple I'll just tell you, I never found one. The ones that I spotted on ebay were of the poorest quality, and I'd rather not have put up with the hassle, so I did with out a center console. You may luck out on ebay though, many do. As of a store that actually carries NOS or OEM console pads, I have never seen one either. If you have the pad now you may be able to have it reupholstered for nothing too much (may actually save heartache in the end, but definitely takes away the thrill of a good hunt!) I'm getting my current '68 XR7 reupholstered and it's actually not as much as I thought it would be, so you may be presently surprised.
As for your windows, if I were you, I'd go over to and get yourself a cougar catalog. They offer replacement power window motors that will fit in any classic cougar. They're not too much - $69.95 each part number 19069 for the right side, and part number 19070 for the left. My main uncertainty with the Montego motors being the regulator gear. I'm not certain, but you may put those in and then brake your windows because the motor tried to keep rolling the windows up even though they had reached their limit. If that is the case, remember I'm not quite sure about it, then you might be able to get away with a new cougar regulator gear. Mustangs Unlimited also carries those for $12.95 each part number 17974. You would have to make some mods to the gear most likely. You could get away with using the harness and switches I'm pretty sure. Well that's my two cents - Chad

July 19th, 2001, 08:44 PM
Dale, The Paddock, list the console arm rest pad in there catalog. Its a smooth non ribbed pad and only 34.95. There website is and I have used them before and highly recomend them as there service is

July 19th, 2001, 10:51 PM
Youcan now buy the 69 70 dash but im not sure who is selling them i will check tomarrow. it is listed in Mustangs & Fords. as to how well they are made or reproduced i dont know.

July 20th, 2001, 07:13 AM
Check with Perogie Enterprises. Their URL is listed on the Vendors section of this page.:)

July 20th, 2001, 02:08 PM
National parts depot carries the pads in reproduction. they are at the front of most mustang and fords magazines big two page add.

July 20th, 2001, 02:11 PM
Part numbers are probably the same i dont know why they wouldn't work personally i am trying to find the vendor who caries the switch that is place where the cranks are at and uses the cranks in a up down switch so you dont have to cut the door panel nor install a plug where the crank goes. not only is it trick and people like it but saves the door panel should you ever want to return it to stock.