hello my name is jace- the new guy :0) [Archive] - Classic Cougar Forums

: hello my name is jace- the new guy :0)

jaceqq
October 11th, 2002, 06:57 PM
i wanted to introduce myself.... my name is jace or j.c. i go by both. i've always been a ford guy (have had about 16 mustangs come an go..... i currently drive a 1970 mach1 just about everyday. a few months ago i bought a 1970 cougar for my wife (shelley) :0)... its a standard cougar was originally white with red interior, it's in primer now and is pretty much a project car (my wife watched me put my mustang together and wants to be part of it all so thats what i got her a project car) she wanted a 65-66 coupe mustang but none was to be found, i stumbled upon the cougar at a very good price $1,200 (very solid car)... she is going to make all the major decisions with "her" cougar ,she wants to paint it grabberblue like my mach1 and kind of make an eliminator clone :0) (spoilers,strips ,hood scoop and such).... we arre on a very tight budget so it's going to take alot of time to get it done but thats okay more family time :0)......we live in southern West Virginia and have an 8 year old son and daughter..... i never really looked at cougars much but now i know what i've missed!!! to be honest the real reason i bought this cougar (1970) was because i've parted out several 69-70 mustangs and most parts under the skin (mustang/cougar) will interchange. the cougar is really growing on me i think i like it as much as i do my mustang, i might have to get me a cougar after my wifes is done :0)..... i hoping to learn alot more about cougars here and maybe help out a few of you also......... so heres my first of many question for you guys/gals...... any reccommendations for books on cougars? i'd like to see pics of 69-70 cougars with different interiors..... thanks jace

cmpcpro
October 11th, 2002, 08:13 PM
Hi Jace! Nice to meet you, and welcome to mercurycougar.net! I went ahead and moved this post to the right spot and deleted your duplicate post.

wvcat
October 11th, 2002, 08:42 PM
Hi JC,
My name is John and I live in WV too. There's a couple more guys from WV also Chuck(Ragcat) and Chas(73xr7cougar). Sounds like we have a few things in common. I have a 70 cougar and I am just starting a 66 mustang project for my wife. I've always been a ford guy too but sounds like you have had alot many more than I have. Anyway welcome aboard!!! Chuck is from Bluefield and Chas is somewhere in the eastern panhandle.
John
wvcat

72cat
October 12th, 2002, 12:46 PM
Hi JC, I'm Dayle, hope your wife is also going to post on the forum, we need more ladies on here. And if she's reading this, Hi Shelley, I know the feeling of wanting to be part of the project, everything we have done to our cougar has been a joint decision, with just a bit more emphasis from the female side :D

jaceqq
October 12th, 2002, 07:17 PM
Hello everyone!

My name is Shelley...Jace's wife. We're anxiously looking forward to starting on my Cougar. (I just asked him if he mentioned that I had originally wanted a '65-'66 Mustang coupe but liked the lines of the Cougar when he took me to look at it...so now I have to think of something original to say!!!) I want to help Jace build his garage to house his '70 Mach 1 before we begin work on the Cougar, so it will likely take quite a while. I've decided that I want to swap the interior from maroon to black/charcoal grey and paint the exterior grabberblue. One of these days--even though I don't like to drive at length--I want to follow Jace to one of the bigger shows in my car. See what this hobby does to a gal!!!

Before I sign off for now, I want to extend a thank you to Dayle. Thanks for including me. I normally take a "backseat" to the forum realm. Maybe I'd like to drive for a change!
Shelley:)

72cat
October 12th, 2002, 08:28 PM
Hi Shelley, welcome, our cougar has just been resprayed, the guys on this forum have heard all about it 'ad nauseum' so I guess they are rolling their eyes now:rolleyes: . Anyway to cut an long story short [and to spare them] we settled on a deep blue/purple mica pearl, if I say so myself, it looks great, our interior is black leather, and they go really well together.
Sign up on the forum under your own 'signature' then we will know that it is you posting, these guys here are great, I have asked the stupidest questions and they have always helped me out, when I read back on my first posts now I want to cringe, its amazing how much info you pick up reading thru all the queries, I have even got a 'slight' reputation round town of being moderately knowledgeable about Ford V8's, most of that knowledge comes from here. Its just cams that have still got me stumped - but I'll get there. Hope to see you here again soon.
BTW - my hubby Stephen has no patience with the net, he can't stand waiting for pages to open, which is why I got to be here and not him.
:)
Dayle

LiLWrink
October 15th, 2002, 08:54 AM
Welcome to the both of you! You have arrived at the most informitive page of cougar research ever done. The folks here have gained all the knowledge about the cats you'll ever need. Most people here make a game of trivia out of the problems they encounter.
For me its been blood, sweat, and tears, restoring a 69 Eliminator. It is a car that I bought because my wife liked the yellow color. She thinks it's HER car! (LOL) Now the garage is not as lonely! You will have to keep us posted on the progress you make.
Good Luck.
Shane

A friend just sold me bumpers, valences, tail lights& trim, gas door, trunk and hood trim, Bullit lower rockers, a 9" pumkin, and some other misc stuff, I'm getting there...
S-code Eliminator, yellow w/white int., 4-spd, AC, consol delete,
and a long way to go...

:xoli: :sun: :pimp: :bandit: :evil: :ylsup: