Pet names [Archive] - Classic Cougar Forums

: Pet names

greggieatthebat
October 9th, 2002, 12:14 PM
This has probably been discussed in the past; I think it would make a cool poll:

What is the gender of your Cougar?

Is he/she/it named?

(I know I'm about to start a holy war....)

72cat
October 9th, 2002, 04:21 PM
She is a she, we call her the 'Coocar', cos my 2.1/2year old son can't say cougar and thats what he calls her. We also call her beautiful, cool, sleek...yes...sleek, pride and joy, and so on.
Other members of my family [sisters] have different views, we will not go into them.:D

cougarguy
October 9th, 2002, 05:00 PM
topless cat and mauseater but both are ladys.

greggieatthebat
October 9th, 2002, 05:13 PM
By the way, here's the impetus for this thread:
my Cougar is unnamed, currently male; Mrs. GATB sez all cars are "she" and they're temperamental until they're named... I want to name him... I mean her... I mean... grr...
All of the other cars we've had are named, all "she"s....

72cat
October 9th, 2002, 05:16 PM
"Mrs. GATB sez all cars are "she"

Yep, what she said. Totally agree.

droptopcat70
October 9th, 2002, 05:38 PM
my 70 vert is called
white lightening
and the 70 eliminator is called
madcatt

leonbray
October 9th, 2002, 06:34 PM
68 is called coupe
69 is called 69
70 is called the 428

All are gender neutral but with a 428 they can't be considered neutered

my wife has some different names for them ;)

Logan
October 9th, 2002, 07:31 PM
My 69 is called:

The gas guzzlin', evil, pocketbook busting, blackhole...

Oh yeah, it's a she.

dan
October 9th, 2002, 07:38 PM
When I get ready to cruse I say lets fire old BLACKIE UP!and get going gang other pets are Mittens,Molly and Max

sixt9coug
October 9th, 2002, 08:27 PM
mines been called, " the heap" , " the thing " " that.. ( with a point and a sneer ) " " the pile " " the hoopty " " that old stinky POS " " the merc " " the Cougy " " the old car " all of these are not made by me but my mom and her lovingly affection for the car. ive never named it though, but shes a she. why?? cuz she takes up all my money and can give me attitude occasionally. but shes worth it :) damn... thats sappy.

steelcat
October 9th, 2002, 09:42 PM
I call my 70 XR7 Ragtop ( STEELCAT ) I do not call steelcat He or She But If I had to chose ( SHE ) It's a man thing.

cmpcpro
October 10th, 2002, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by steelcat
I do not call steelcat He or She But If I had to chose ( SHE ) It's a man thing.

Hit the nail on the head there.... mine doesn't have a name, but shes open to sugestions :)

Ford Fairlane
October 10th, 2002, 03:46 AM
All cars are 'she', to me :). Generally she is referred to as THE Cougar, more intimately as 'Kitty'. Cliche, yes...but she is my first Cougar so it is to be expected.

I've thought about it, and aside from a CJ7 I had, I've referred to all the 4bys I've owned as 'he'...I think that is because I try and not use such language around the ladies as I used on those trucks ;).

Jason

Nitcat
October 10th, 2002, 11:03 AM
My 69 convertible is Yeller - a male who marks his territory with powersteering fluid any chance he gets!

cmpcpro
October 10th, 2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Nitcat
My 69 convertible is Yeller - a male who marks his territory with powersteering fluid any chance he gets!

LOL! :p:

dan
October 10th, 2002, 12:12 PM
now everything is gender -split-Dose anyone remember when all the hurricanes were all women names? then some politicly correct group whined about it.Now they do it boy-girl-boy girl ...........My how times change.

swamper
October 10th, 2002, 02:52 PM
The Swamper is gender nutral. A primodial living thing that grows on you and will overwhelm anything that attempts to get close.

badcatt
October 10th, 2002, 05:11 PM
I have had Badcatt for about 6 years, I was trying to find a email user name I liked that I could have. The dubble "T" came from that. I have had to add the number 2 for my AOL address and triple the "T" for yahoo. I added the name to my 70 std. Eliminator clone.

Tim B
October 11th, 2002, 01:43 PM
1994 SHO "Pearl" because of the Opal Frost Pearl color
1971 Mark III "Mona" because she's pretty! The Mona Lisa has a green background, mine's Ivy Moon Dust
1969 Cougar "Lilli" she's white, also named after a dear departed friend, Dick Liljedahl (lil-ya-doll)

All female.
I named my old Mustang "Dorian" gender neutral, because it was all gray!

Tim B

6t9er
October 15th, 2002, 11:12 AM
Johnny Pachuco, because of the wheels

ZeroTolerance
October 15th, 2002, 02:07 PM
Immortal Corruptor

Assign whatever gender you wish.

:D

swamper
October 16th, 2002, 03:18 PM
I had 73 Scout that you could see daylight through body pannels and had plywood added to rest feet on. It did plow snow for 17 years. Named green pig with No gender. This was only car named other than The Swamper.

ZeroTolerance
October 16th, 2002, 03:44 PM
Plywood's warmer than sheetmetal on your feet anyway, ain't it?