Logan - Thanks [Archive] - Classic Cougar Forums

: Logan - Thanks

72cat
October 2nd, 2002, 05:40 PM
I have been following links and reading various forums re the cobra thing, and one thing I have noticed is the disgusting language, vulgar pictures, offensive logos, and vile innuendos used on a lot of the sites, I copied a pic of a real nice car to show my son, until I looked at the bottom of the pic, and then very quickly deleted it, if any of you saw it then you will know which one I mean. Okay my language could make a sailor blush sometimes and I am not a prude, but talk about sexist, and these are the pics under the user names. So I would just to say Thank You Logan, for your site, minus all the crap that I have seen on other sites, thanks for the censoring of words, I mean if you want to say f.. that’s all you need to say, there is no need for the capitals and the full word. Sometimes it’s the only word to use, the most appropriate word, but to use it in full every second word is a bit much, and you guys will be amazed at how many times it can appear in short paragraph. Also glad that we are all mature on this forum, well……….., okay we are all mature, we don’t diss each other, we don’t diss the opposite sex, and we try real hard not to diss our country’s leaders.:D
Thanks also to Dark and Cmpcpro for moderating and checking no offensive stuff gets thru’.

cmpcpro
October 2nd, 2002, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by 72cat
Thanks also to Dark and Cmpcpro for moderating and checking no offensive stuff gets thru’.

You are quite welcome. :)

texrep
October 2nd, 2002, 07:40 PM
what she Said.....:D

don

bruter
October 2nd, 2002, 10:18 PM
Well said, 72cat!!

70 Blue Cat
October 2nd, 2002, 11:27 PM
I agree, you all do a good job. Thanks

Jerry

Logan
October 3rd, 2002, 03:36 AM
I'm pretty proud of the forums and the people here. I'm not a fan of unregulated, forum free-for-all's...

Alot of credit is due the people visiting this forum. Everyone is very civil, and it's very rare I have to do any refereeing...

Gulf00
October 3rd, 2002, 03:56 AM
Now don't be modest! It's okay to take the credit for a job well done.
Okay, it's true the people usually are very civilized, but the punctuality and fairness with which "excesses" are handled speak for themselves, creating an atmosphere where civilized behaviour florishes.
There must be a reason that none of these immature cursing people don't feel the urge to sign up and start messing things up.
And I think that's largely achieved by the moderators around here.

Cheers!
Matthijs

Gulf00
October 3rd, 2002, 03:58 AM
Oops, a double negation slipped in. Please read take out the "none of" in the part about signing up.

Cheers!
Matthijs

P.S. the reson for not just editing the post is I pressed the wrong button and quoted the message... This job is so demanding, I can't focus anymore...

bowl
October 3rd, 2002, 07:48 AM
I was in a NASCAR forum recentlly and the people there all are brain damaged, full of mindless hatred. I couldnt stand it. it was like being transported back to the age of the Druids. Uncivilized...

Cheers Logan.

rich

LiLWrink
October 3rd, 2002, 09:10 AM
:ylsup:

72cat
October 3rd, 2002, 04:11 PM
Oops, a double negation slipped in.

Point taken M, now you are going to have to verduidelik vir al die mense wat dit beteken, u weet dit né.:D

Gulf00
October 4th, 2002, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by 72cat
Point taken M, now you are going to have to verduidelik vir al die mense wat dit beteken, u weet dit né.:D

Well, Dayle, I assumme people know about the rule of logic that twice negative is positive, so 'not no' means 'yes'. No need to explain (verduidelijk) that. ;)
I'm under the impression that rule counts as well in English, although people don't pay much attention to it.:o
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers!
Matthijs

72cat
October 4th, 2002, 11:31 AM
Weeell, I don't know but I am positively sure that you are possibly, definitely correct. :D