My Cougar has ANTS! [Archive] - Classic Cougar Forums

: My Cougar has ANTS!

dan
July 9th, 2002, 07:15 PM
I put a fresh coat of carnuba wax on her last nite,I left it out side and put the cover on.Low and behold when I took the cover off today It was full of those tiny brown buggers.It hasnt raind here for 3 weeks until today.I havent had this before when I covered it.But it must have been the fresh wax.Any way I thought I would share this intreging wonder. I think that 2 bags of diazinon around the perimiter did the trick. Dan:mad:

modifiedmark
July 9th, 2002, 08:50 PM
I guess ants are not as bad as the mouse that got in my brothers Mach 1 and ate a hole in his new headliner!! mm

OC_Cougar
July 9th, 2002, 09:25 PM
when I got my 67, it had sat out in the desert for a year. When I pulled the back seat, I found mouse bait... eventually found a pile of seat padding, all chewed up into a mouse nest looking thing... when I took it out to throw it away, there was something hard in the center... yup... dehydrated mousey... good kitty...!!! doing it's job!

:)
Robert

vfret
July 9th, 2002, 10:38 PM
I'm changing the heater core right now and found a very old and very dead mouse way back on top of the heater box .

dark7068
July 9th, 2002, 11:37 PM
My car has NO rodent problem, half the neighbourhood cats sleep in it keeping it rodent free,lol. Maybe I should grab the gas tank out of storage and put it back in. Soon it will be time for the tank.

Rick

jebbster
July 10th, 2002, 07:54 AM
So its either the Mice or the Ants, cause I got the the damn little brown buggers too. Hey, at least it aint the crabs:eek2:

Cougar Kitty
July 10th, 2002, 09:15 AM
I don't have any ants. I have spiders! Real small ones. They make their webs in the rear package tray area. I remove the webs and they are back the next day bigger and better. No other bug problems. No mice either. Got 3 cats!:D

69SCODE
July 10th, 2002, 01:27 PM
My 69 convert had several mice nests in it. At one time 67 mustang fastback was sitting a bro's house. Mind you the dash was out and most of the interior. I soon as I cranked it a large brown snake wiggled it's way out of the heater box. Reptiles don't bother me. But I almost FREAKED!. Sure enough no mice in the stang. Mother Natures all natural pest control. Got to love it!

cmpcpro
July 10th, 2002, 01:32 PM
My friend had a mouse come out from under his dash in his 69 Mach 1 while he was driving! Not something you want to see coming at you in the middle of traffic.

Cougrrcj
July 10th, 2002, 03:36 PM
AlphaCat has (had) mice. While sitting in the garage, some mice got into the car somehow. Neat trick since the car is sitting on six jackstands, eh? Anyway, they ate the stuffing out of my rear seat bottom, but thankfully not the leather seats! The worst part is that they also got into the headlinder and at holes in it too.

Now, anybody have any ideas where to get a ginger headliner for a 73 XR-7? Grumble-grumble-grumble. And we have fivecats!

gatorphan
July 10th, 2002, 07:42 PM
That's it? lol Down here in Florida we have every critter and insect known to man. If I didn't garage the Cougar I wouldn't know what I would find. It's hard to keep the frogs out, especially at night. Not to mention the occasional Armidillo or Possum. I'm waiting for the day that I find a gator under one of the cars outside.

MAVERIk
July 10th, 2002, 07:52 PM
I had a simular problem when I bought my cougar. There was a bird nest, yes the flying mouse, on the back of my intake. The guy that owned it previous to me must have left the hood up. Otherwise that was a very tricky bird.

FoKKerj
July 10th, 2002, 08:50 PM
I cant figure it out, but my cat has spiders in it all the time. But I also have no rodents We have Jack Russel Terriors they are better than cats (besides the ones of the V8 variety of course).:D

texrep
July 10th, 2002, 10:20 PM
YEAH .... The daddy long-legs have an affinity for my leaf springs!!
If I don't drive it for a couple of days I get spider webs from one leaf to the other side:angryfi: They really p**s me off. Right now it's 106 in the shade and I don't really want to drive the cat 'cause the A/C doesn't work that good....:rolleyes:

Don

zhat
July 17th, 2002, 01:34 PM
After hearing all of your stories I'm grateful that the only thing that lives in my Cougar is my cat when I let him into the garage. He loves to camp out under the dash on the passenger side of the car. He's black and so is the interior...so when I go out there and peak in all I see are two yellow eyes looking back at me. Must be what a Camaro driver sees at night just before I pounce on him! Good kitty...:D