1968 Headlight Door Bumpers (Stops) [Archive] - Classic Cougar Forums

: 1968 Headlight Door Bumpers (Stops)

Art
June 15th, 2001, 07:05 AM
The rubber ends on the headlight door bumpers (1968) have deteriorated to the point that the headlight doors won't stay lined up. NEED NEW ONES! Where can I get them?

Knucklebuster
June 15th, 2001, 11:59 AM
You are in luck. I've seen headlight door bumpers for sale at most of the Cougar specialty shops. John's Classic Cougars and Stang-it for certain.

I bought a set for my 67 from John, and they helped alignment somewhat. I ended up manufacturing a longer adjusting bolt for one side, because even with new rubber it wasn't quite right.

modifiedmark
June 15th, 2001, 08:55 PM
Just a note you might be interested in. Ive been waiting over 4 months for some parts from Stang- It. They wont answer the phone and I have give up on them. I wont deal with them again.

whisperer
June 16th, 2001, 02:35 AM
That's a good tip MM. I was just about to order some stuff from them. Has anybody had bad luck or is this just a fluke? Hey Art, I know Stang-it has them, but will they arrive........... *G*

Logan
June 16th, 2001, 03:53 PM
I personally have had no success with stang-it both times I tried to give them business. First time, they took my order, I waited 3 weeks with nothing showing up, I called only to be told "Logan who?". Second time, I called, left a message, and never got a return phone call.

I've also had numerous (6) reports of unacceptable service by stang-it, with most revolving around either lack of response, full voice-mail, or no delivery of goods.

The owner passed away at the beginning of '01 or late '00, and his son has been trying to run the business.

Most in the community know what's up with stang-it and make their decisions accordingly.

Thanks

hop304
June 16th, 2001, 04:42 PM
Yeah I've had terrible luck with them... I found that Mustang's Unlimited's Cougar Division is great. They have a good catalog and I get most items on my door step in two-three days... Not to plug any one, I've just had the best luck with them.

Cougrrcj
June 16th, 2001, 05:19 PM
hop304

Basalt CO? Damn, that takes me back to '71 when my family was camping in CO! Black Canyon of the Gunnison territory, I'm guessing, eh? (just checked my atlas... Gee, we spent two weeks on Grand Mesa, one at Mesa Verde, and another at Taylor Res.) Small world, eh? All I know is that our high-compression 455 '68 Olds had a hard time breathing trying to go across Cottonwood Pass!

:eek: EEEK! My cougars weren't even built back then! I must be getting old!

Logan
June 16th, 2001, 07:07 PM
So THAT'S why we call you the... SENIOR motorhead...:p

Sorry, couldn't resist... :D

hop304
June 17th, 2001, 04:17 PM
Cougrcj,

Not trying to make to feel old, however, I was still about a year from birth in 71. Couldn't resist. Yeah the altitude is a bit high here, but it's a great place to raise kids and the classic car buffs are everywhere. Grand Mesa and Mesa verde are a a few hours from here, but still in the western part of the state. Basalt is 20 miles from yuppie-ville (ooops sorry, I mean Aspen).:o)

Hop

Logan
June 17th, 2001, 05:25 PM
Heck, you got me beat, I wasn't even conceived of until the spring of 73... :D

Cougrrcj
June 17th, 2001, 08:30 PM
Smartass damn kids! No respect for your elders!

(Just kidding) ;)

Logan
June 17th, 2001, 08:32 PM
hahahhah....:p

DrCougar
June 20th, 2001, 09:23 AM
I have the headlight bumpers in stock. John @ Cascade Classics (253) 863-5669.

Ray
June 20th, 2001, 11:29 AM
You Catz make me feel old as I was here since 61.It amazes me so many people still are trying to give their $$ to stang it,dang it,despite what everyone allready knows.For those who don't know,John Benoit of Cascade Classics was voted #1 vendor at TCCN's vendor survey and stang it was at the bottom of list.Lets all do ourselves the favour and send John/Cascades our money and we won't have to mention the bad situations found by sending money to some other vendors.BTW John did not pay me to say this .I have been following the Cat scene for a while and thats my view however humble it may seem.Cascade Classics is the #1 place for Cougar parts and restoration services on the continent, and has been involved with some of the finest Cougars restored todate:cool:

TheRktmn
June 20th, 2001, 01:00 PM
Ray- I too am a '61 moodel. Don't let it get to you though, They built 'em to last back then - long, low and built for speed.....:D
To get back on track: I had terrible service from Stang-It :mad: , started going to Mustangs Unlimited :) (they are only a few hours away) but since I found out about John's Classic Cougars :D he gets all my business.
Definitely a first class operation.
Don't forget that Ray also has part available as well as repro services :p .
I have also dealt with Clarkson out of Florida a couple of times they were very helpful too. :)

modifiedmark
June 20th, 2001, 09:14 PM
Geeez, I didnt mean to get all that started. I just thought bad service ought to be told to the masses. Then you got talking about age and got me thinking about how I'm a 59 model. O well I guess that means its getting closer to retirement and more time to work on my cars.

Logan
June 20th, 2001, 09:34 PM
modifiedmark, no worries. This site is pretty liberal. I personally don't care what you all post. At the end of the day, you're responsible for your own comments.

If you want to tell everyone Bob's & Henry's Cougars sucks, go right ahead!