351w dual 4 bbls [Archive] - Classic Cougar Forums

: 351w dual 4 bbls

modifiedmark
May 29th, 2001, 09:45 PM
Has anyone ever seen a dual 4 bbl intake for a 351w? I have not but I just came back from a car show sunday and seen a guy with a 302 intake on a 351w. He made his own spacers. He told me after he went through all the work to make his spacers he was told that they were comericially available but he didnt know from who. Anyone know who has them? I always wanted a 2x4 setup. I took a pic and will post it in case anyone is interested.

Logan
June 13th, 2001, 08:19 PM
A better question is why is that engine gold? Yuck.

I saw a used 2x4 manifold for a 351w at a swap meet last year, dude wanted mondo bucks for it though...

modifiedmark
June 13th, 2001, 09:41 PM
Yea Logan I agree with the yuck on the gold engine. It was in a really nice 69 ranchero that was the same color. What a shame cause it was super nice except for the color, I guess different strokes right? Do you remember the brand of that manifold that you saw? I didnt think anyone ever manufactured one.

Logan
June 13th, 2001, 09:44 PM
I don't remember there being an obvious stamp... I saw the price tag he had on it of $450 and promptly averted my eyes elsewhere...

modifiedmark
June 13th, 2001, 10:03 PM
I guess if there that rare it will probably bring that price but I dont know that my pocket book wants on that bad by the time you buy carbs and such