Mercury Cougar Owners banner

Need 70 Stone Guard, $ or trade

2K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  Whizco 
#1 ·
I damaged my stone guard beyond repair this weekend . It's the piece of sheet metal that sets under the grille behind the bumper on my 70 XR7. I need another one that is in good shape to excellent shape.

Let me know how much you want INCLUDING shipping to 93711, Fresno, Ca. I also have a 69 I will be parting out and wouldn't mind doing some trading to keep cost down. Either way, I need to get one soon

Thanks

#2 ·
pretty sure that theres one on Ebay right now, the guy has it listed as a 69 part but it has teh 70 " nose " on it. its not perfect but it can be repaired. maybe it can be fixed for cheap.

#4 ·
#6 ·
LOL, just one of those D'OH!!!! moments

#7 ·
That's o.k. I know how to get around on eBay, and for the life of me I was feeling stupid because I couldn't find the auction you were talking about. Glad to know I haven't lost it yet!! At least not completely

#8 ·
How complete is the '69 you are thinking about parting out?

I have a friend that is looking for a "fixer upper" and depending on what you have (or don't have for that matter) he might be interested in purchasing the whole car. You can reply to this post or e-mail me directly to let me know.

Thanks!

#9 ·
now tha you mentioned it, i may be interested too.......... got any pics?? if Bones doesnt go for it i might.

#10 ·
Now hold on there!

I thought you were lookin' for the '67/'68 body to build next? You can't have this one! LOL... Just kidding, I'm just tryin' to look out for a good friend of mine that's interested in buying a '69. BTW, are you still looking for a '67/'68 to build sixt9? I live north of you guys in Stockton and might have a line on one depending on what you want/ how complete the car needs to be?

#11 ·
i would prefer a 67/68 but if i can even find a 4 spd at all, i know it will cost an arm and a leg to get it. i havent seen one that wasnt a total resto, and for what i plan, thats not what i want. how complete is the one that you have a lead on?? id still prefer a 67/68 but if i can find a cheap 69 ill go for that too. id take a 70 too, but that would HAVE to be a stick. the car im looking for doesnt have to be absolutely complete. i dont care about the engine, but i would like a tranny and rear and in it. i would prefer only real minor rust, and i really dont want to replace any floor pans. the interior itself isnt a concern. i just would wish that the guages in it work. no Major body work to be done. i dont wish to hang a new 1/4 panel or have to replace half of the sheetmetal on it either. i know there is a 67 that an old lady around here drives that i want. its beat, but its restorable. it would be what i wanted most definatly. ill try and take a pic if it if i can. the main turn off to it is that i bet its an automatic. but hey, i can learn to build that as well. it wont be a daily driver or anything, but it will see street duty a few times a week.

Oh yeah, if you do want this one, by all means go for it. ill only chase it down if you decide its not for you. you asked first, you get first shot at it. and i think you are closer to it anyway. im near Long Beach. transport will be fun im sure.

#13 ·
Parts Cars Listed

Guys, hehe! your arguing over who gets first dibs on it, and I haven't even decided if I'm selling it as a project car yet. *LOL*

Here's the deal. I have

1 - 69 Cougar - mostly complete
1 - 69 XR7 Cougar - complete (not for parts)
1 - 64½ Mustang - for parts only
1 - 65 Mustang - mostly complete
1 - 66 Mustang - rustfree shell only (was going to use for race car)
1 - 62 Ranchero - for parts only
1 - 74 Gran Torino Sport - mostly complete
2 - 65 Thunderbirds - mostly complete
2 - 68/74 Karman Ghia's - one complete/other shell

My intentions were to part out the cars I have listed above with exception of the 69 XR7. The reason for parting is to help finance the restoration of my 70 XR7 Vert, 67 Mustang Vert, and my other 66 Mustang coupe, and a few others I have in storage.

I have 9 project vehicles that I'm keeping and not enough cash flow to finance each project. So with that said, I would be willing to talk to anyone about any of the cars listed above, but I'm still not certain if I can afford to sell the car as a complete car, since I basically know what I can get from it in parts. And my main goal and reason for buying these cars was to help finance my other projects. I haven't decided what to do with the 69 XR7, whether to keep it for a later project or sell it, I do know it will not be parted.

I will be more than willing to talk to anyone on a one on one basis about any of the cars above. You can email me at whizco@attbi.com Who knows maybe a deal can be worked out or something.

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.