Anyone repair trim? [Archive] - Classic Cougar Forums

: Anyone repair trim?

Cougarconvt
April 22nd, 2001, 05:01 PM
I was wondering if there was anybody out there who repairs stainless steel trim. I am desperatly in need of a better looking hood moulding. The dings, scratches and bends in mine are starting to drive me crazy
Thanks
Jason
2TALL69
69 convt

Logan
April 22nd, 2001, 06:06 PM
You'd be surprised what a good buffing wheel can take out of it... An auto detailing shop, or a body shop is a good bet.

... or buy a couple shaped bodyman's tools and fix em yourself... Just go easy, that trim bends/molds extremely easily...

Cougar Bill
April 22nd, 2001, 07:07 PM
The hood trim and the "eyebrows" are anodized aluminum. A shop should be able to fix these up just fine.

Cougar Bill

modifiedmark
April 22nd, 2001, 07:47 PM
Jason I tell you what, I can let you know in a day or two about a shop here in n.w. IN that specializes in just the kind of trim restoration that you are looking for. In fact I will be getting ahold of them tomorrow to see if my wheel well moldings are done that I took to them. I have'nt had them do anything for me before so I will let you know how good a job they done for me. I'm sure judgeing by the work I seen already done in there shop when I took them in that they will be great. They also do anodizing and I had planned on having them redo my eyebrow trim next.

Cougarconvt
April 22nd, 2001, 08:53 PM
I'm going to see if some of the custom places up here in MN will do anything with it but if you're happy with what they did with your wheel mouldings I might have to ship them down to IN. I still have the original wheel moldings for mine but never put them on, there in pretty tough shape to.

modifiedmark
April 23rd, 2001, 02:35 PM
I picked up my wheel well mouldings this morning from the polishers and am very happy with the way they turned out. I will take them my eyebrow moldings next. The owner told me they do alot of u.p.s shipments and they are no problem. He also told me that they have done work for Johns Cougars among others. I am attaching his business card in case you cant find anyone local to do them for you.

Logan
April 23rd, 2001, 04:22 PM
Thanks Mark! I may end up using them myself!!