Parting Out A Big 87 Linclon Iv [Archive] - Classic Cougar Forums

: Parting Out A Big 87 Linclon Iv

dan
February 21st, 2002, 05:44 PM
My buddie and I bought this 87 lincoln mark IV all he wants is the 460 engine for his dump truck.Is the C-6 trannyin this car the same C-6 thats in my 69 I have a 390 it would be nice to have one on the shelf.Also all the power windows,split power seats,trunk lock work as well as the am/fm-cassett witch I think will fit in the bezel.Anyone intresed in some parts? the interior is lt.blue velor.Let me Know if you want some parts(cheap)AllI want is the trannyand power trunk release both head light motors work too if your doing a conversion let me know befoe the HOT WRENCH gets to work. Dan:eek2:

TheRktmn
February 21st, 2002, 06:08 PM
The C6 is the same internally and the tailhousing is interchangable, but the FE (390,427,428) used a different bellhousing than a 429/460.
:rolleyes:

modifiedmark
February 21st, 2002, 10:49 PM
The Radio wont fit. Check and see if the rear is a disk brake unit. It might be worth something to a street rodder. mm

Cougar72
March 15th, 2002, 10:34 PM
Can you post some pictures of the seats? Also, where is Solon located? Email me if your still interested in selling.
:1poke:Kyle :1poke:

Cougrrcj
March 16th, 2002, 08:18 AM
That must be a rare one! I've never heard of an 87 Mark IV, much less one with a 460 ;) . How 'bout a 78 Mark IV with the 460? Maybe even a Mark V. Now that I might believe! Then came the Mark VI, then the Mark VII (Lincoln LSC), and the latest one was the Mark VIII. I'm sure the year by year breakdown is available somewhere online.