CCOA Nationals [Archive] - Classic Cougar Forums

: CCOA Nationals

Logan
April 11th, 2001, 10:32 PM
Soooooo....

Who's going to the CCOA Nationals?

My wife and I are contemplating the journey to the east coast...

We're thinking of driving out there in the Lightning (I'm not brave enough to attempt the trip in the cougar)...

Kinda seeing and sawing back and forth on it... So, someone convince me.

Maybe I'll get some mercurycougar.net stickers made up and go do some advertisin'.... :D

428elim
April 12th, 2001, 08:31 AM
Logan

My wife and I are going to the Nationals. We're driving the Eliminator the 300 miles each way. Leaving Wednesday morning of that week. From everything I've heard it should be a good turnout. I'm a member of the Delmarva Cougar Club and they have a one-list for the members that keeps us informed about many things including the big show. Hope to see you there.

Barry

CougarAOD
April 12th, 2001, 05:05 PM
I am going to the Cougar nationals, I cannot wait, it is gonna be a great trip and show. I am doing the coordinations for the SSCC's road plan. We have about 12-13 going from our club. We are meeting some from the Georgia Cougar Club and the Carolina Cougar Club along the way.
There are expected to be 100+ Cougars at the show. Logan, if you set up this website, you have to attend---prefferably with the Cougar, but a Lightning will do.
Hope to see-ya there,

Logan
April 12th, 2001, 09:45 PM
The Cougar is pretty fresh out of the body shop (So fresh it isn't actually in my garage yet), I don't know if it'll make it, there's still about 3 grand worth of "stuff" I gotta get for it.

There may end up being a caravan of DFW Cats going, at least, I know Ken is, and I'm pretty sure I am. Possibly a couple others. He suggested towing the cougar out there, but I dunno. We'll see.

At the very least I'll bring pictures and I'm thinking of getting a bunch of mercurycougar.net paraphenilia made up to hand out to build up this here site.

CougarAOD
April 12th, 2001, 11:22 PM
I had talked with Ken McDowel a couple months ago, he said he wasn't sure if he was gonna make it, but it be great if they got a caravan together from DFW. Especially being I-20 goes right from Dallas and meets I-95 in Florence,SC. We are planning to have an overnight stay in Florence, SC on the evening of Thursday June 14th. So if anyone from DFW goes and wants to join in our caravan, Flornece would be the best meeting place. We are planning to meet the Georgia Cougar Club members at the Florence stop. You can see the SSCC's route plan in a post titled Williamsburg Southern Route Plan, with us and the Georgia Cougar Club we should have about 20 cat cruising, then we meet up with the Carolina Club and I am not yet sure how many are planning to attend from there. So we may cruise into Williamsburg with up to 30 Cougars possibly. Anymore that can join in will only make it better.
Thanks,

Mark
April 15th, 2001, 10:33 AM
You might as well buy yourself a trailer too....

What could that cost ? Another $1000??

:D :D :D :D

Logan
April 15th, 2001, 11:23 AM
I've been thinking about it... I think for now it'll just be cheaper to rent one from Budget... :)

wvcat
April 15th, 2001, 10:51 PM
Hi Logan & Everyone Else,
I'm definatly going!!!!!! I am exicted about it because I have never been to a cat show before. I already made the reservations and I'm sending the registration in for the wvcat tommorrow. I am bringing the wife & kids and we are making a vacation out of it, with all that Williamsburg has to offer besides cougars we may just want to stay.......lol Anyway its going to be great to meet all the other Cougar owners and the Cougar friends that I have come to know being involved with the listserve and on the internet. My car won't be the nicest there but I really don't care about that, I registered it as a driver because thats what I built it for to begin with and thats exactley what I plan on doing with it. So my advice is if you can go .........go for it !!!! It should be alot of fun watching the non-cougar vacationers reaction to all the cats!!!
John

skater32
April 16th, 2001, 08:36 AM
Or from Ohio/Pennsylvania? If so, wanna meet up and travel together? I'd feel better about driving that far if it was with a second friendly vehicle...

Cheers,
Dan