Mercury Cougar Owners banner

noob with pic's

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  greggieatthebat 
#1 ·
hey guy's..we have a 69 XR7 with 390 mostly stock has glass pack's shackles in the rear and rim's..but other then that it's stock..we have a few little prob's with it that im going to need help fixing..but for now i just want to say hi..the car has been in the family sense 75'..i don't have time today to expalne..but here's some pic's:) we also have another 69 conv with 351 :burnout:

See less See more
#5 ·
lol thank's guy's..this car is my grandparent's..my grandpa has alot of old car's..we want to start driving this one again..and i really love this thing..it would be a cool car for crusin..lol but i am 15 and have a explorer and f-250..but i want this car for summer crusin..lol im at school so i don't have much time to talk..but thank's for the welcome and im going to be fixing some of the prob's we have with it soon..and im used to newer truck's not old car's..lol so any help would be awsome :)

#6 ·
Top down up north!

Welcome to the .net!
How many nice, warm :) days would you have to drive w/ the top down up there?

#7 ·
Welcome 1969 390, nice looking cougar, there are times that I wish my grandparents did not only have a beetle. :D

#8 ·
Another Anchorage Cougar!

Welcome! That's a really nice XR7! These folks on this forum can answer just about any question you might have ... they really know these old cars. I'm up on O'Malley ... if I can help you locally, give me a hollar. WWW

#9 ·
wow we are up on hillside also..lol we think we will take this one to the show&shine this year..so look for it if you come..we also have a 56 chevy bel-air we bring down there

we are having some prob's with the ing switch..we are having to run a wire from the coil(i know i know..but im used to new truck's/car's..lol) for it to start..if we don't it will just turn the starter and that's it..so im going to look it over some more and look at the shop manual's for it..we also have a prob with it over heating..did the come with fan shrouds(sp?) around the RAD? we think it did but the car was wrecked a few times by my uncle when he was 16..lol so it's been replaced(a few times..and now has the wrong rad)..we have a new RAD to put in it and we plan to put a new water pump in it also to try to fix that..there's 2-3 other small thing's..but other wise this car's in very good shpe..77k orig miles also

my grandpa also has a conv 69 XR7 cov 351 auto..that one is in bad shape

anyway's thank's for the welcom

#10 ·
"my grandpa also has a conv 69 XR7 cov 351 auto..that one is in bad shape"
Well Xrcist has alot of 69's and maybe he will be able to help you out with restoring that one, his son Jason is about your age, maybe a year or two older now, and has had quite a few of the 69's.
Post your questions re the starter etc, in the tech section, make it a new thread for each problem, that way the replying will be easier.

#11 ·
1969_390 said:
..we also have a prob with it over heating..did the come with fan shrouds(sp?) around the RAD? we think it did but the car was wrecked a few times by my uncle when he was 16..lol so it's been replaced(a few times..and now has the wrong rad)..we have a new RAD to put in it and we plan to put a new water pump in it also to try to fix that...
Let me add a "Welcome, and nice Cougar!" too!

I'm not sure about the 2nd gen cats ('69/'70) but I'm pretty sure that '67/'68 didn't have a fan shround unless the car also had A/C.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.