71 XR7 parting out [Archive] - Classic Cougar Forums

: 71 XR7 parting out

cougar2
May 10th, 2004, 09:46 PM
I am parting out a 71 XR7 blue interior in excellent shape. Power windows, tilt steering, has AC but no condenser. I have extra doors that are very good, well one is, perfect seems no rust, the other has some work on one corner but not real bad. Front bumper is in almost perfect shape and have new inner fender aprons. Can send pictures.:wave:

Cougrrcj
May 11th, 2004, 06:15 PM
Where are you, and how much for the parts??? I want to change the interior of one of my 73s (PartsCat) from that downright fugly avacado to any other color. Blue would be real nice!!!

cougar2
May 11th, 2004, 10:12 PM
Im from Chatham Ontario Canada, one hour from Detroit MI. The parts will be in Canadian dollars. Let me know If I don't list all the parts that you want. First, do you have power windows? The door panels are made for power windows if that maters to you. The door panels were redone by R&M restoration known around the world. The work was done some 17 years ago but the car just sat. The door panels also have a hole in them for door speekers. I will try to send a picture of the seats and panels, since Im knew to this site, Im not sure how this all works. Let me know also if Im off the wall with the price of my stuff, I got most of my prices from off this site.

The dash-$200.00

Panels front and back-$300.00

Seats front and pack-$200.00 also comes with material left over when the seats were redone

Steering wheel, rim blow in good shape- $150.00

Steering column tilt wheel- $200.00

$300.00 for both steering wheel and column

Small console- $45.00

cougar2
May 11th, 2004, 10:38 PM
If you could give me a hand on how to submit a picture, this would help thanks. Oh and sorry about the spelling on the first page.:eek7:

Kuch's 72 cat
May 11th, 2004, 10:58 PM
Are your seats XR7 or standard seats? and is your glove box door for sale also?

Kuch's 72 cat
May 11th, 2004, 11:01 PM
How long ago were your seats done? Can you email a pic or two of them, were they redone all vinyl or leather and vinyl?, also email me a pic or two of your dash.

Thanks
Roman

cougar2
May 12th, 2004, 08:41 AM
The seats are in great shape and are vinyl on the outside and cloth in the center. The pattern is made of deferent shades of blue and some black also and is set as vertical stripes. Some info that I came across said that the boss 351 cars came with this, not sure how true this is, but they look great. There is also extra material for the seat that come with them that was left over when the job was finished. The glove box door the seats are XR7 and were done around 17 years ago but only use for two years max. is for sale also $45.00. The whole car really is in not bad shape, but the thing sat too long and went bad under the car. Frame rails and floor, are gone. I have no idea how to get a picture to you other than sending you an email through Outlook Express, which can't be done one this site. I've tried to copy paste, but that doesn't work ether. Any help would be wonderful. May be send me an email and I forward it back to you with pictures.

cougar2
May 12th, 2004, 08:52 AM
Got it, just had to look a little further.

cougar2
May 12th, 2004, 09:30 AM
Thought I had it, pictures are too big for this site. I will try to find a way to make them smaller.

kdsxr-72
May 12th, 2004, 10:47 AM
I mostly need a rear power window motor drivers side. Let me know if it works and what you want for it. Also want to replace my front turn signal lenses & chrome and could use clips for attaching power window button chrome bezels. Selling those?

Email if needed: [email protected]

rbaney
May 12th, 2004, 12:56 PM
Well I use a small program called IRFAN VIEW to minimize the size of my pics. You might want to try that.

cougar2
May 12th, 2004, 01:20 PM
Thanks I will do that.:)

bruter
May 12th, 2004, 01:22 PM
Hello and Welcome! Did you try using the photo gallery to upload your pics? The size limit is larger in the gallery. Click on "gallery" at the top of this page, then click "upload photos" on the line that is located just after the recently posted photos. Then it's just a matter of linking with the folder that your pictures are in.

cougar2
May 12th, 2004, 01:25 PM
Hey Kdsxr-72, I sent you some pictures using mail recipient, I was able to make the pictures smaller that way. Let me know what you think.

cougar2
May 12th, 2004, 02:00 PM
Thanks Mike, The pictures are still too big even after ziping them. Once I get them up loaded where do they go and how do I get them here?

Dennis

cougar2
May 12th, 2004, 06:14 PM
I put some pictures of the car and parts in the gallery, couldn't figuer out how to get them in the forums. If any one wants to see any other pictures, I will have to get your email to send them to you because of the size of them.

Dennis

kdsxr-72
May 13th, 2004, 10:32 AM
Thanks Dennis, got your pics and email. Please see my replies.

Karl

cougar2
May 15th, 2004, 07:27 PM
I also have the AC pump if anybody is interested.

DroptopCougr
May 17th, 2004, 12:03 PM
Please email your price on the power window switches and a description of their condition to [email protected]

Thanks

cougar2
May 17th, 2004, 07:07 PM
Sorry, all the switches just left. Hope I can help you with somthing else.

drush5
May 17th, 2004, 09:46 PM
are the rear tail light bezels in good shape??? If so e-mail me the price.

Thanks,
Dan
[email protected]

cougar2
May 18th, 2004, 07:35 AM
Hi Dan:

Sorry, the bezels are also sold. Thanks
Dennis

kdsxr-72
May 21st, 2004, 07:29 PM
Hey Dennis, check your email and shoot me a note when you have a minute. Still interested in the courtesy lights, plus both silver painted plastic trim pieces below the headlight assemblies. Need your price on the additional pieces if available.

Karl

FOMOCO
June 6th, 2004, 12:30 PM
:smoke: Do you anything left of the Blue Cougar?

Regards, FOMOCO

cougar2
June 6th, 2004, 03:50 PM
Yes I still have parts, what would you like. I still have the seats, fenders, doors, one back and both frunt power window moters, frunt bumper, back bumper no rust but chrome is not so good. There are other parts, let me know and I will get back to you. Thanks

Dennis

72-XR7
August 17th, 2004, 03:41 PM
Do you still have the Steering wheel?

Mike

falconscjman
August 18th, 2004, 02:18 AM
I just bought a very nice 73 xr7 and it has a factory sunroof. Does anyone in the forum here have one of these cats? I seem to see more convertibles around than I do the sunroof cars. I also have a question regarding the location of the sunroof motor. Mine is in the back, by the rear window-on most other Fords I usually see the motor right by the switch, between the sunvisors. Nobody in the club here in Arizona knows for sure-any HELP would be appreciated.

Thanks,

B.Fensler

rocky
August 18th, 2004, 11:56 AM
Dennis,

Do you still have the driver and passenger door glass? If so, what kind of shape are they in?