Mercury Cougar Owners banner

Mid-Atlantic Prowl

4K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  69XR7BigCat 
#1 ·
Now is the time to make your hotel reservations for the MidAtlantic
Prowl. The Cougar Club of New Jersey & Pennsylvania and the
Delmarva Cougar Club will be hosting the show again this year with . This show is held as part of the All Ford Show at Carlisle. Most of the Cougars will be staying at the Hotel Carlisle, formerly the Clarion, and before that the Embers. AAA has the best rate. There are currently rooms available. Rooms go fast, so make your reservation now. You can always change your mind later. We had looked at other hotels, but the rates were
significantly higher. Please register early for the show with
Carlisle Productions- www.carsatcarlisle.com. Make sure to put in
your club affiliation - CCNJPA or Delmarva. Please put this in your registration even if you are not a current member since the registrations help insure we have a tent and tables for the Cougars. The number of registrations helpus get a free tent and tables for the cougar section, and also impacts where the cougars are located at the show. The show runs
Friday June 6 to Sunday June 8, 2008. Hope to see you there. This
will be the largest gathering of Cougars on the east coast. There
will also be a cobra jet reunion for all ford cobra jets. If you
have not attended this show in the past, it is one not to miss. In
addition to over 2500 cars on the show field, there are acres and
acres of ford and mercury only parts. Last year there were
approximately 160 Cougars. While we do not expect quite that many
this year, there will be plenty of cougars of all types and
models. It is a great opportunity to see wonderful cars, talk Cougars
and meet fellow Cougar enthusiasts. Bring your Cougar, no matter what condition it is in. Many cars are not what would be considered "show condition", and often the rougher cars generate the most attention.

Steve

See less See more
#2 ·
Sounds like a blast! I wish it was not so darn far away. We need something like this in KC.

#3 · (Edited)
I am in eastern Kentucky and would be a great show to go to. In my area I got to about 15 local shows a year, I must have the only Cougar in the area. My car is nice but now what I call show quality but I get a lot of attention at these shows just because now one else has a Cat. Check out my garage pics on page 18 line #9 and let me know if you think mine would be out of place. Maybe me and the cat could make the trip to Carlisle this year. I am not a member of any Cougar Clubs as of now....

#5 ·
Your cat would fit right in. Very few of the cars are "show quality" Most are drivers like your car. We have had some very rough project cars over the years at Carlisle. Cougars in any condition are welcome and encouraged. If you need advice or guidance for restoration, or just a nagging problem, this is the place to talk with cougars owners and get your advice.

Steve

#6 ·
Cougar in Eastern Kentucky

If you live in Eastern Kentucky surely you have heard about the Kentuckiana Classic Cougars. We are located in the Louisville area, and hosted the CCOA East Nationals in 2004 in Louisville, Ky. We host the Cougars and All Ford Show each year in August. This year's show is August 16th and will be held at the Masonic Homes of Kentucky which is located off of Frankfort Av. in Louisville. If you or anyone else needs further information please contact Gary Townsend, President, Kentuckiana Classic Cougars at gtcrackers@insightbb.com.

#7 ·
I live in Ashland, North east corner of the state not far from Huntington West Virginia. But lived in Bristol Virginia for a while back in the late 80's I am very familiar with the Jenkins, Whitesburg area I am in the Coal Machinery business and have been in that area a lot. I spent a lot of time in the pine mountain, cumberland area.

#8 ·
yes I have heard of the Kentuckiana Classic Cougars Club but I didn't know about the all ford show in Louisville in August. I will try to be there.

#9 ·
My dad reitired from SE coal co. 30 years ago. Other than having black lung he is doing pretty well. When he retired he picked up his family and relocated to AR. He knew coal minning was in me and my brothers blood, but he didn't want us in them. I have family in Whitesburg. We get up there once a year. I'm planning on coming to the show on August 16th. in LOUISVILLE.

#11 ·
I am going to try to be there also. I will have my 69XR7 gold color with black vinyl top, Cragers. Look for me, It would be great to talk to fellow eastern kentucky hillbilly. We can talk, Coal, Cougars, Cars, Cats"go big blue" See you there.

#10 ·
Bring your Cougar, no matter what condition it is in. Many cars are not what would be considered "show condition", and often the rougher cars generate the most attention.

Steve
True that. I've always found project cars to be interesting, kinda like automotive archeology... Maybe we can have a "mangy cat" trophy again like at the East Coast Nats in 2005.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.