Mercury Cougar Owners banner

Looking for Tom Mackall

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Leroy Reeves 
#1 ·
Does anyone have contact information for Tom Mackall of Newark, California? He is the owner on record for an XR7-G. I found some factory documents that list his car and I am trying to find a way to get them to him.

Tom's car was shipped along with 4 other XR7-Gs and ten Shelby GT500-KRs by rail by Shelby Automotive to destinations across the country.

Any information as to how I might connect with Tom or the current owner if Tom no longer has the car in question is appreciated.

#2 ·
Tom's last known whereabouts was reported to me in 2002. The car is unusual in that it has a 6 digit DSO, blank paint code, and was Calypso Coral with black interior and black vinyl top originally.

The car had a scheduled build date of March 28, 1968 but was not shipped until June 6, 1968, probably because of the special color.

#3 ·
OK I found him on Facebook! The G is sitting in the driveway in primer.

#4 ·
Royce I see you are in Georgetown, TX. I am in Manor, TX. I wasn't aware there were any other Cougar guys close to me.

#6 ·
You should go to the Georgetown Airport show. I will be there with the unrestored GT-E, Al Owens is bringing his XR7-G.

<table width="600" id="templateContainer" style="border-collapse: collapse;" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"> <tbody> <tr> <td align="left" valign="top"> <table width="600" id="templateHeader" style="border-collapse: collapse;" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"> <tbody> <tr> <td class="headerContainer" valign="top" style="padding-top: 9px; padding-bottom: 9px;"> <table width="100%" class="mcnTextBlock" style="border-collapse: collapse;" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"> <tbody class="mcnTextBlockOuter"> <tr> <td class="mcnTextBlockInner" valign="top"><table width="600" align="left" class="mcnTextContentContainer" style="border-collapse: collapse;" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"> <tbody> <tr> <td class="mcnTextContent" valign="top" style="padding: 9px 18px;"> Stephanie Myers' 4th Annual Georgetown Airport Classic Car and Vintage Plane Show

</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr> <tr> <td align="left" valign="top"> <table width="600" id="templateBody" style="border-collapse: collapse;" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"> <tbody> <tr> <td class="bodyContainer" valign="top" style="padding-top: 9px; padding-bottom: 9px;"> <table width="100%" class="mcnTextBlock" style="border-collapse: collapse;" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"> <tbody class="mcnTextBlockOuter"> <tr> <td class="mcnTextBlockInner" valign="top"> <table width="600" align="left" class="mcnTextContentContainer" style="border-collapse: collapse;" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"> <tbody> <tr> <td class="mcnTextContent" valign="top" style="padding: 9px 18px; font-size: 24px;"> Due to weather, the event has been rescheduled to March 14, 2015.

For any question or concerns, please email Stephanie Myers at Stephanie.Myers@american-national.com

Click here to register for this event!

</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

#8 ·
I still have been unable to make contact with Tom. He has not responded to Facebook messages. Anyone in the SF Bay area know him?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.