Mercury Cougar Owners banner

Heater box/fresh air intake gaskets/ seals

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Cougar Bill 
#1 ·
Does any one know of a good supplier for all the seals/gaskets on the heater system? I need the round fresh air vents gaskets. and defroster to heater box seal and everything else involved in taking the heater box out.

#2 ·
You can get them from all of the Mustang suppliers they all sell same kit.

#3 ·
I have had great luck with mustangs unlimited. good service, quick delivery, decent prices. at least i think so. :wave:

#5 ·
been there done that. of course I had to do it twice. got the core working. then got the defroster plenum. Thought I could put it on without removing the core again. WRONG! :ylsup:

#7 ·
On thing about most seal kits, they have all the seal needed except for the ones that attach to the heater core. Try not to damage those when you remove the core. I think someone finally sells those, although I haven't looked for any in a while.

#8 ·
I get mine from Virginia Mustang. Lots cheaper $8.95 !! Use 3M caulking rope to seal the box halves (69/70 are this way) As Bruce mentioned, the core seals (top & bottom) are NOT included. I use rubber cement to glue them back in place. Take your time, repair any damage with fiberglass and you'll have years of "heat". Just be carefull reinstalling the box. The heater core tube are very fragile and can crack. leading to the old saying, " It ain't done right till ya done it 3 times!!

Good Luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.