State : NSW

Make of vehicle : Mercury

Model of vehicle : Cougar

Year of manufacture : 1969

Colour of vehicle : Yellow

Engine : 351 Windsor

Transmission : 4 speed toploader

Body style (sedan, wagon etc.) :Coupe

Selling Price $ : 36000 AUD (A little more than USD)

Odometer Reading : 100000+

City : Tumut

Other relevant information.
Hi Guys,
The Eliminator is up for sale again.
The new owner currently resides in Tumut NSW .
He is currently asking $36,000-00 Neg.
He has apparently spent a lot of money on it, He has upgraded the A/C compressor to a new Sanden compressor, He has fitted a car alarm, Replaced the rear tyres, Fixed all the oil leaks, replaced all rubber hoses, replaced the clutch, replaced a lot of the suspension components, new power steering pump,new single wire alternator,new harmonic balancer, he did roll off a lot more to me but it went in 1 ear and out the other as I could not understand why he replaced all of theses items when little required doing (I could understand updating the A/C) He had VIP do an inspection before he bought it as I recommended and they gave the car a clean bill of health as well.
Apparently the car now owes him closer to $50,000 than $40,000 but does realize he is not going to recoup anywhere near as much as he has spent. He said he got carried away spending on the Eliminator
He is a retired gent on a pension and did intend to keep this car forever but he purchased this with the intentions of selling his statesman but he has only been offered half of what he was asking and can not afford to have 2 cars, so his intentions now are to sell the Eliminator and then trade in the Statesman on a new car.
If anyone is interested just pm through here and I will pass on his contact details.
Copy of Original add below.
Cheers Rodney

State : QLD

Make of vehicle : Mercury

Model of vehicle : Cougar Eliminator

Year of manufacture : 1969

Colour of vehicle : Yellow

Engine : 351

Transmission : manual

Body style :Coupe

Selling Price $ : 27000

Odometer Reading : Unknown

Other relevant information.

I do not need to sell this car so please no silly offers
I have lost storage space for this car and now have also purchased another car which is also advertised here 72 Sports Gran Torino.
This car
Genuine "Eliminator" I have elite marti report which states this car is 1 off 5
If you do not know what an "Eliminator" is copy and paste the link below

www.theclassiccougarnetwork.com/elim/

351 Windsor Ford Racing Crate Engine (Fitted approx 3 years ago)
4 speed Toploader
9"Diff
This car is as I bought it except I have removed the roll cage,Recarros and racing harnesses.

I have known this car since approx 2002 and was first imported in 1998
In 2002 the car had a reconditioned toploader fitted and had the suspension and brakes all done. It was here when the cage and other items were fitted and the car was set up to be used at "Speed on Tweed"
The car is wearing the same paint that was on it in 1998 and is in fair condition, when I First saw it in 2002 it had what look like rust blisters starting to show at the bottom front edge of the doors that are still there today and have not changed in the time I have known the car. There is one rust hole (Size of a 10c coin) in the rear of the trunk that was treated before the car was imported and shows no signs of returning.
The interior is original to the car as far as I know except for the dash pad which has been redyed but has no cracks, It could reuse redying again.
The interior is in fair condition, no rips,tears,sunfading or wear just aged.
Mechanically sound as far as I can tell but does leak oil through the rear seal and has done since the engine was fitted as the sump was replaced as the one on the new motor was not correct.
Carburettor was rebuilt late last year and dyno tuned then.
Overall a very presentable car which I show regularly and love to drive.

Please note the plates are staying with me as they will be going on my 69 mustang.I do have 069CAT that the new owner can have for an extra $300-00

See less See more
#2 ·
i think you should put it back in your garage Rodney! ;>P Nice one for sure!

#3 ·
I would love to but in my opinion he has spent his money on the wrong items,I originally only paid $15000 for it but I bought it of a good friend who could not sell it at the time and he new I could not come up with anymore mone and besides that I don't have the money even if I could get out back for $15000, Iwould need tosell my mustang and I am into that for over $65000 and is still not complete.

#8 ·
I like both cars but on the tire/wheel combo, the ECI from Jersey has got it right. Bad azz pic from the lower back, Bob. I gotta kid you a tad though.....those stripes on the leaf springs look silly compared to everything else in view.

Back to the thread......

#17 ·
I like both cars but on the tire/wheel combo, the ECI from Jersey has got it right. Bad azz pic from the lower back, Bob. I gotta kid you a tad though.....those stripes on the leaf springs look silly compared to everything else in view.

Back to the thread......
Concours details are silly Jeff? I think they make the car myself. Back to the thread...

#9 ·
I should have mentioned the car was set up to do a quarter mile at a time when it first came to Australia rather than be driven regularly. it screamed its head off at highway speeds and you needed to own an oil well. This had drag slicks on it and sat high in the rear it was then set up for weekend cruising, then set up to also be used for tarmac rallying aa well.This is when I purchased it and pulled out the half cage,race seats,race harnesses and fire extinguisher.so it has had a lot of different wheel tire combinations over the years.

With these wheels and tires the lips did not need rolling but with 4 adults on the car the tires would occasionally rub when hitting larger bumps at highway speeds but if it hada little more backspace they would not have rubbed at all.

#11 ·
...With these wheels and tires the lips did not need rolling but with 4 adults on the car the tires would occasionally rub when hitting larger bumps at highway speeds but if it hada little more backspace they would not have rubbed at all.
That's what I thought when I looked at the pictures, the tires are a tad more outboard than they would otherwise be with a more fitting backspacing. You can immediately notice how much further my (wider) tires are inboard when comparing the pictures.

Anyway, great car man! :beer: Why did you sell (if I take the thread title correctly)?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.