Mercury Cougar Owners banner

CougarSwapMeet.Com now live!

6K views 34 replies 14 participants last post by  CATHOUSE 
#1 ·
It's alive! Now it's time to get the bugs out.

https://cougarswapmeet.com/index.php

The site is up and running and live. You can register build auctions and make bids. And I am certain that you will find lots of bugs and glitches and problems!

If you find a problem, have a suggestion or any other comment please post it here, send me a PM email of what ever works for you.

If you are artistically skilled, we could also use some help with an easy to read good looking logo for the site!

Here is how it works:

Simple, straightforward, no hidden BS charges.

Listings are free.
Buy Now is free.
Reserve is free.
End the auction any time for free.
Automatic re-list 10 times free.
Pictures are free.

Pay just 5%, only when you sell, capped at a maximum of $50 for Cars, Parts, Memorabilia, anything Cougar related.

See less See more
#4 ·
Bill, you are a glutton for punishment, but I as well as everyone else in the cougar community thank you for all you do!

#5 ·
Sweet Bill! Good luck on the site....should be a nice place to frequent! ;>)

#7 ·
Grumpy, do I ever understand how you feel about PayPal!

The good news:

If the seller will accept checks or money orders, you don't have to use PayPal to buy things.

and as a seller, you DON'T have to accept PayPal.

The reason for PayPal in the registration section right now is that it is the only way to pay us until we can get other payment methods up and working.

Right now, we don't have a direct relationship with a credit card processor, we are working on it so there will be another way to pay, hopefully soon. We hope to be able to do eChecks as well as credit cards.

#8 ·
About the requirement for 6 letters in the user name... It turns out that this is really pretty important. The more letters there are, the more secure the site can be. Too few, and it gets easy for a computer to do all possible permutations to crack a user account. Looks like it really should be 8 or 10 to be really safe... Sorry about that!

#9 ·
How about using Western-Union wiring as payment :1poke: or if the seller have a fax machine, it will be very easy ;)

#10 ·
I registered this afternoon. I hope to start some auctions Sunday or so. I hope this works out well for all of us.

#11 ·
Hmmm Western Union... I have this check from a guy in Nigeria... would you take that? LOL! Honestly, as long as buyers and sellers can work things out it's all good to me.

#12 ·
I posted an auction a couple hours ago and still don't see it. Is my browser the problem or is it still in limbo? I received the confirmation email.\
This is the auction. 1967 289 A Code 4V intake manifold. http://cougarswapmeet.com/item.php?id=14

#17 ·
When I use the link from the confirmation email I get to it, and I see it has been looked at 16 times. But when I go to the CougarSwapMeet I can't see it. But if others see it that is the important thing.

#16 ·
OW, I noticed that the first time I went on as well, turns out that window thingie was blocked by my (work) browser. Ass soon as I okayed showing that content, the window (down at the bottom of the page) came up and you type the two words things, etc. to verify. Hope that helps.

#15 ·
I'm not risking buying anything on that site. All I can find are sellers with 0 feedback. :1poke:

#19 ·
We need some auctions! Guys if you have some parts post them up! In less than 24 hours we have had 6598 page views and over 1300 unique visitors. Lots of folks looking for parts and not many parts to look at.

#20 ·
I okay I found out what was going on with Badcatt's auction... it was showing as suspended. I reactivated it. Don't know how that happened. Anyway thanks for the heads up on that.

#23 ·
Bill: Thank you for doing this. Now that my twins need spending money for college, I told them to start photographing parts from the garage and we will start listing them. Proceeds go to spending money for school.

#25 ·
I know I will put my wife on that same program, Oh wait darnit only Cougar parts! We need a list for paintings, furniture, clothes,dishes, you know women stuff. Then I can buy Cougar parts. That would work!!! Bill, thats what you need to get on next, a trade list, my wifes stuff for your wife so she gets off your ass and Cougar parts for me! It is April Fools after all.

#26 ·
I know I will put my wife on that same program, Oh wait darnit only Cougar parts!
Hey Mike, maybe your wife is considered a Cougar for some of the buyers on the site ;)

Oh wait, you meant your wifes stuff ;) or did you opt for a lowered shipping deal if purchasing 2 or more items :1poke: buy all her stuff, and get the wife for free ;)

We need a list for paintings, furniture, clothes,dishes, you know women stuff. Then I can buy Cougar parts. That would work!!! Bill, thats what you need to get on next, a trade list, my wifes stuff for your wife so she gets off your ass and Cougar parts for me! It is April Fools after all.

#27 ·
Update; We kill bugs dead!

We have changed the photo manager so it now automatically re-sizes your pics and creates the thumbnail.

We got rid of the Capthca thing on registration.

We are working with a new credit card program that hopefully will give us an alternative to Pay Pal.

Lots more going on, so check it out. https://cougarswapmeet.com/index.php

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.