Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1969 351 M code Eliminator Color Code 3 Competition Orange With White Interior

5K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  jay 
#1 · (Edited)
Very nice survivor, real 1969 Eliminator. I have a Marti report. All tags in place. Nice door tag. 73K original miles. Built June 18, 1969. 75% original paint. Almost like new 100% original interior. I bought this cream puff (my first Eliminator since wanting one since 1976) in 2005 in Utah. DSO is 51 for Denver. FMX Automatic, PS, tinted glass, PDB, 3.25 standard rear, AM radio and decor group. I put an NOS period correct Craig AM/FM radio with speakers hid under the back window panel. Original drivetrain, FOMOCO radiator, C9ZF tag 4300 carb/intake and exhaust manifolds. New quality dual exhaust close to original sound and look. Good oil pressure and no smoke from the exhaust. Runs perfectly except for rough idle because of dirty carb. I took the carb apart Saturday and it was lined with crap. It was like that in 2005 and it run perfectly after I cleaned it until now. Other than idle, runs smoothly and strongly and I guarantee it. Original rear springs saged so installed new rear springs. New heater core. Nice original exterior chrome especially door knobs and side window bright molding. Rear bumper has a ding. Original rear spoiler. Best original white interior I've ever seen! Camera case dash just beautiful. Upper dash pad and lower metal dash is very nice. Driver door glass needs reglueing. I repaired the rust on the very bottom of the rear quarters and it looks good, but needs finish work inside from trunk side. No rust except surface rust on floor pans. The original carpet has never been removed from this Eliminator. Some small door dings on the driver door. Nice steering wheel. Pictures soon. Tail and headlights work. Gauges all work. I believe 1 of 147 in these colors. Not a perfect Eliminator, but pretty darn nice for an original. Park next to a restored car anyday. Titled and tagged in my name. I need to thin the herd. 25K (301) 237-8360

See less See more
#2 ·
To bad I didn't win that last lotto! Sounds like a good deal for the guy with a hole in the garage and extra $ in the bank -- looking forward to pics to drool on though!

#3 ·
#5 ·
Bump....going to Ebay soon.

#8 ·
Rick,

Great looking car! Good luck with the sale.

Also, haven't heard from you in a while. I hope all is well. Shoot me an email when you get a chance.

best,
Jay

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.